Think of a band name please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi all
My son (age 12) and 3 of his mates have put together a band but can't think of a good name. They play John Newman type stuff (their own songs they've written) and need something cool and edgy for a name. We really liked "Chasing Shadows" but have just discovered there's already a band called that. Any ideas geeks? They're playing in assembly on Friday so we need something quick!

If you can't have "chasing shadows" what about "The shadow chasers! " Hope you all get sorted xx

Beyond the shadows, daylight shadows, dark shadows, these are from my rock singer oh. Good luck to them :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you ToniCJ :) but that's gone too unfortunately!
Blimey it's so hard! We even tried thinking of something to do with their initials but it spelt J.A.M.M. sooo not cool haha

Beyond the shadows, daylight shadows, dark shadows, these are from my rock singer oh. Good luck to them :)

Thank you, advice from a pro wow!
Ooh I like daylight shadows. We also liked Indigo Rain what do you think?

He likes indigo rain. He's been on the circuit for 20 years and says to really make sure the name sits well even with them being so young. They could be stuck with it for years. He's been in various bands but the one he loved most was Hotwire which he named and wrote the lyrics to the self titled song.
He cringes when someone remembers his days being called "storm" lol x

Oh and apparently I have to mention he likes daylight shadows because of the dark and light becoming one???? He's v weird and deep lol x

I really like indigo rain x

Ooh Aphro how lucky are you to have a brooding, deep, rock god!!!

Well sonny boy is now in bed but I think it will be a toss up between "Daylight Shadows" and "Indigo Rain" - we were just a bit worried about about a connection with "Purple Rain" (the song). Mind you, hark at me as if we're naming the next Arctic Monkeys lol they're playing to the school not Wembley Arena hahaha x

just asked the family, 3 votes for indigo rain but do like the other name too

good luck to them xx

Ooh Aphro how lucky are you to have a brooding, deep, rock god!!!

Well sonny boy is now in bed but I think it will be a toss up between "Daylight Shadows" and "Indigo Rain" - we were just a bit worried about about a connection with "Purple Rain" (the song). Mind you, hark at me as if we're naming the next Arctic Monkeys lol they're playing to the school not Wembley Arena hahaha x

Don't think he could go wrong with either name! Hope all goes well for them xx

And I agree with tonic, either is good :) let us know how he gets on x

Just wondering what name your son went with in the end Waffle.

Just wondering what name your son went with in the end Waffle.

They had a band meeting (lol!!) and went with Daylight Shadows in the end (even though it conjures up Hank Marvin to me hahaha) x

Aww hope they enjoy it hun.
It's lovely to see younger ones interested in something other than xbox! Good luck to them x

Aww hope they enjoy it hun.
It's lovely to see younger ones interested in something other than xbox! Good luck to them x

And thank you to your rock god for the name ;) x

Latest posts

Back