Thinking of changing salon colour brand to Joico

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Therapy

Reaction score
Hi guys

We currently use Schwarzkopf colours in my salon but I'm considering changing. We already stock the Joico product range and would love some feedback from any salons/stylists that use thier colour range.

Thanks in advance!

We use joico it's lovely lots of colour choice,anything in particular you like to know? X

Are the results good? Is the mixing ratio simple? How big is the range? Do the blondes lift well? Condition of hair after using?

Thanks x

Mixing ratio 1-1 permanent 1-2 highlift also all the permanent colours can be used as semis, you just use a different developer.... The highlifts are nice they have HLA HLB HLN and HLG, took a while to get used to the letters but it's pretty self explanatory A- ash B-beige N-natural G-gold, they have also brought out a ultra highlift range which I love. The toners are good because unlike others I have used in that past where you have to rush to get it on quick these take 5-20 mins to take. I still have some favourite toners in clynol I use, perhaps I think the joico toners are not as strong, also there are mix tones you can add I love INS- silver intensifier you can add to highlifts, CCV -violet corrector, you can add to highlifts to reduce the gold and they also have a LB-lightening booster you add to highlifts for extra lift..... The colours always come out lovely hair is reconstructed while being coloured which I think joico is the only colour brand to have this. They have joico scalp creme bleach, is it kinder to the scalp bit still achieve the same lift and the powder bleach which is kinder to the hair (as kind as bleach can be). The colours don't have to be shampooed out, just emulsified and then you add the 2 step treatment from the Kpak 4 step treatment. The only awkward bit they say before colours to Wah the hair with chelating shampoo, but then obviously you have to blast the hair which adds an extra 10-15 mins onto service (unless you have a junior that can start this process before) I personally don't do this everytime, as it's unrealistic and would not be cost effective to add 15 mins onto every colour service I do.... Sorry for the essay and mind my spelling, I am on my phone lol overall really please with joico I have used loreal and clynol colours before Must say joico colours are my fave so far x

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer so fully! It sounds great, I think I'll book the rep in to do a demo.

another thing i noticed is that you get more color per tube. i'm used to using Wella which is 2oz per tube (60ml) and Joico tubes are 2.5oz per tube (~74ml). at least that how Joico is in the US.

Ah yes in uk you get 70 mls of colour x

Ive been in the industry 17 years. Ive used many ranges before and I switched to Joico last year.
I can honestly say I have never used such a good colour range before - EVER.
The tones are strong and true, they last better than anything I have ever used before and the condition after colouring is better than beofre colouring.
I wouldnt even think of going back now.
I love love love it!
x Jo

Ah yes in uk you get 70 mls of colour x

It's actually 74ml taking into account the colour you can't get out the tube, ends up 70ml xx

Mixing ratio 1-1 permanent 1-2 highlift also all the permanent colours can be used as semis, you just use a different developer.... The highlifts are nice they have HLA HLB HLN and HLG, took a while to get used to the letters but it's pretty self explanatory A- ash B-beige N-natural G-gold, they have also brought out a ultra highlift range which I love. The toners are good because unlike others I have used in that past where you have to rush to get it on quick these take 5-20 mins to take. I still have some favourite toners in clynol I use, perhaps I think the joico toners are not as strong, also there are mix tones you can add I love INS- silver intensifier you can add to highlifts, CCV -violet corrector, you can add to highlifts to reduce the gold and they also have a LB-lightening booster you add to highlifts for extra lift..... The colours always come out lovely hair is reconstructed while being coloured which I think joico is the only colour brand to have this. They have joico scalp creme bleach, is it kinder to the scalp bit still achieve the same lift and the powder bleach which is kinder to the hair (as kind as bleach can be). The colours don't have to be shampooed out, just emulsified and then you add the 2 step treatment from the Kpak 4 step treatment. The only awkward bit they say before colours to Wah the hair with chelating shampoo, but then obviously you have to blast the hair which adds an extra 10-15 mins onto service (unless you have a junior that can start this process before) I personally don't do this everytime, as it's unrealistic and would not be cost effective to add 15 mins onto every colour service I do.... Sorry for the essay and mind my spelling, I am on my phone lol overall really please with joico I have used loreal and clynol colours before Must say joico colours are my fave so far x

I asked the joico colour tech who did my training about doing the pre colour and she advised me not on everyone only if their hair is over processed (from someone else say) or porous etc, use step 1&2 dry then colour and finish with step 3&4 but you can charge for this as technically its an intensive treatment unless you have the cost factored into your colour charges already :)

I also love love love INS, have you tried TSB with INS? Or all 3 toners mixed?

Joico are the only colour range to actually reconstruct whilst colouring (quadramine complex) by replacing all missing amino acids :)

I'm yet to use the LB have one lady I need to try and I've been using them 9months now :)

You will not regret changing to joico Hun, they are true colours, last forever (I always use my red on blonde example) 4 weeks later.... Still red!

One of my ladies is a single mom of 3, loves having her colour done as much as possible but sometimes has to stretch over her due return date, last time she was 4 months since her last visit and the colour needed doing (we knew that) she was still having people ask her about the colour and complimenting it. I gave her the mini set to try so I could see how long the colour lasted when used with their back wash (she usually used whatever was going on offer, never listened about her colour lasting longer and hair being in better condition for using salon pro) anyway, she brought the litre sizes as she loved them so much at 30 a piece! Not had anyone not like them yet xx

Yes I used all three toners and added INS in last sat was lovely.

Haven't had a problem with anything about joico, although the age defy range do tend to be a shade darker than the normal permanent bases, but not sure if all age defy ranges in different brands are like this?

Have you tried adding any of the intensifiers eg RB or RG? I love the look of the forest hunter green but would never dare do it, although no1 has asked for it yet... Xx

Haven't had a problem with anything about joico, although the age defy range do tend to be a shade darker than the normal permanent bases, but not sure if all age defy ranges in different brands are like this?

Have you tried adding any of the intensifiers eg RB or RG? I love the look of the forest hunter green but would never dare do it, although no1 has asked for it yet... Xx

I did rb chrome with inb colour... On blonde and its still blue (royal blue) 4 months after lol not tried that one yet

I found at first the age defy didnt always give great coverage then i naatered the grey and controller which they are sctually get rid of as age defy is being re mastered :) new shades, more range etc i always used the ng+ base and sdded tone from colour, works well x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Ooh when is this happening? Yes we had a few teething problems don't understand why they can't add the Gray and red controller to the actual colour instead of having to work it out yourself, haven't heard of any other colour ranges doing that xx

Ooh when is this happening? Yes we had a few teething problems don't understand why they can't add the Gray and red controller to the actual colour instead of having to work it out yourself, haven't heard of any other colour ranges doing that xx

I think it was due to amount of grey, but they are going, very soon xx not sure when exactly x

Latest posts

Back