Thinking of opening a training centre-where do I start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda Panda

Reaction score
I am thinking of moving down the route of becoming a training provider. Could anyone offer me some advice to get me started. I really have no idea at all, I'm guessing you would need some kind of teachers qualification first.

You need a PDE which is what used to be known as a cert ed. depending on the courses you offer you may also need your A1 assessors.

If you contact your local university/college there should be a careers office to point you in the right direction x

I am thinking of moving down the route of becoming a training provider. Could anyone offer me some advice to get me started. I really have no idea at all, I'm guessing you would need some kind of teachers qualification first.

Are you thinking short courses or NVQ training?

For short courses you will need a PTTLS or equivalent teaching certificate, insurance for providing training, and then usually accreditation for the courses you are offering usually by Guild or BABTAC or even both to cover most therapists.

To get the short course accreditation you will need to provide:

1) Course outline
2) Lesson plan
3) Training manual that will be provided
4) Details of your qualification in the area you are training

The lesson plan and manual should include details of relevant anatomy & physiology, hygiene, health & safety, treatment procedures.

These are then submitted for accreditation, for which you will need to pay a fee. BABTAC and Guild can provide you with much more specific detail on what you will need to provide for documentation, and what must be included in the course for it to be accredited.

For C&G or NVQ training I have no idea as I have never been involved in that.

You don't need to get your training accredited by BABTAC/Guild, just that a lot of therapists will look for this.

I'm just running things over in my mind at the moment but was thinking short courses to begin with. Spray tanning ect. I have just been researching the course you mentioned and also having a read through BABTAC.

You need to discuss the accreditation requirements (assuming you want to do that) with Guild and BABTAC and decide if you want to pay for one or both. If one you need to ask them about insurance - if a member of theirs does a course accreditted by the other will they cover it?

Latest posts

Back