This lash glue will be the end of me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leescah

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was hoping my first ever post here would be something other than a good ol' whinge and moan about my allergy to lash extension glue...! :o I did do a search first but couldn't find any recent advice so hoping someone may be able to offer any new suggestions at all?

I'm new to lashing - I qualified at the start of March and have been doing around 3 sets per week since then. Since the very start I have noticed that I get all bunged up the following day after doing a set, but it just seems to be getting worse now - with the past couple of instances I develop a wheezy cough about an hour after finishing, which lasts through the night and teamed with a constantly bunged up nose it's making me a bit miserable! *boo hoo*

I do use an extra strength glue (AH Francis) which I realise is a huge factor here - but it's such a good glue (recommended by my trainer) that I'm loath to switch to another which may not last as long/will need to patch test all my clients again when it might not even make a difference to my allergy anyway...

I also wear a respirator mask, take an antihistamine daily... yet still really struggling. I haven't yet done the 'glass of water' trick as I don't really have anywhere close by I can place it (without risking knocking it over all over my client!!).

Does anyone have ANY other suggestions at all?? Do similar sufferers own an air purifier, and if so do they help? Has anyone tried that 'Odor neutralizer' sold by Lashbase??

Sorry for the long winded post, and HELLO to everyone... love this forum, I've been referring to it since qualifying and find it a brilliant source of help :D

xx

Anyone? :o xx

Some people will notice vapours more than others. You could try to use a sensitive adhesive without odour or fumes as that might help a bit. Watch were you keep your adhesive so you don't inhale directly as that might make your symptoms worse and avoid any drafts or fans in the room.

It has also proven very successful if you use a sealer and a nanomist as that will help cure the lashes a lot quicker and even sensitive clients have responded very positive and not had any reactions so that might be a way forward for you?

Some people will notice vapours more than others. You could try to use a sensitive adhesive without odour or fumes as that might help a bit. Watch were you keep your adhesive so you don't inhale directly as that might make your symptoms worse and avoid any drafts or fans in the room.

It has also proven very successful if you use a sealer and a nanomist as that will help cure the lashes a lot quicker and even sensitive clients have responded very positive and not had any reactions so that might be a way forward for you?

Thank you beautytrix! I do use a sealant already but will definitely look into a nanomister. Perhaps I should place my jadestone with the glue on my trolley then (next to that glass of water I need to experiment with!) as currently I have it on the couch next to my client's head, which if course is pretty much right under my nose!

I went to the doctors today as the wheezing has been getting worse and she's prescribed me an inhaler, but basically told me I should stop lashing, which is pretty gutting since I've already invested so much time and money on this (plus I love doing it). So I think I need to bite the bullet and try a sensitive adhesive, although I'm so worried that I'll really struggle with the longer drying time (plus I hear the lashes don't last as long either).

Grrrr talk about an occupational hazard eh?! V frustrating! I'm now going to scour the forums for recommendations on sensitive glues :)

Can you wear a mask? I bought some medical grade ones from Lash Base when I was pregnant. Also, non-fume glue?

Can you wear a mask? I bought some medical grade ones from Lash Base when I was pregnant. Also, non-fume glue?

Yes a respirator mask - from lash base (the medical grade ones, probably the same) but those pesky fumes still manage to creep in. Defo seems like non-fume glue will be my last resort...

Thank you beautytrix! I do use a sealant already but will definitely look into a nanomister. Perhaps I should place my jadestone with the glue on my trolley then (next to that glass of water I need to experiment with!) as currently I have it on the couch next to my client's head, which if course is pretty much right under my nose!

I went to the doctors today as the wheezing has been getting worse and she's prescribed me an inhaler, but basically told me I should stop lashing, which is pretty gutting since I've already invested so much time and money on this (plus I love doing it). So I think I need to bite the bullet and try a sensitive adhesive, although I'm so worried that I'll really struggle with the longer drying time (plus I hear the lashes don't last as long either).

Grrrr talk about an occupational hazard eh?! V frustrating! I'm now going to scour the forums for recommendations on sensitive glues :)

Don't give up just yet! Sometimes there can be other reasons also why you might be more sensitive to the vapours. We have heard of a therapist who noticed increased sensitivity when she has done nails on the same day so sometimes it can be an easy explanation and then its easy to sort.
I am happy to send you a sample of the sensitive glue we use and you can try if that solves the problem?

Don't give up just yet! Sometimes there can be other reasons also why you might be more sensitive to the vapours. We have heard of a therapist who noticed increased sensitivity when she has done nails on the same day so sometimes it can be an easy explanation and then its easy to sort.
I am happy to send you a sample of the sensitive glue we use and you can try if that solves the problem?

I'm not giving up without a fight, that's for sure!! I had to quit my current job recently due to having my son 18 months ago (because I no longer want to work full time) so to find something I enjoy AND am quite good at (I think?! Or so I'm told anyway haha!) as a new career direction is so exciting so I'll be damned if a few fumes will spoil that! :twisted:

You know what, that would be amazing thank you SO much!! Is that the Flirties glue I've been reading good things about on this forum? Thank you beautytrix that's really kind of you, let me know how I need to order :) xxx

I'm not giving up without a fight, that's for sure!! I had to quit my current job recently due to having my son 18 months ago (because I no longer want to work full time) so to find something I enjoy AND am quite good at (I think?! Or so I'm told anyway haha!) as a new career direction is so exciting so I'll be damned if a few fumes will spoil that! :twisted:

You know what, that would be amazing thank you SO much!! Is that the Flirties glue I've been reading good things about on this forum? Thank you beautytrix that's really kind of you, let me know how I need to order :) xxx

Sounds like you are really enjoying it and it would be great to find a way that you can continue doing lashes but without any problems!
Yes if you want to pm me your details I can send you some samples so you can see how you get on :O)

Latest posts

Back