Thuya and Hairwell Lash Tints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautynails

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of either of these brands? I need to change my brand & the supplier I use the most has these & Reflectocil (I don't like reflectocil).

hey there,

i use thuya and love it! very good and the black couldn't be any blacker!!!:lol:

we use the thuya perming n tinting stuff at college! its a really nice product!! xx

Hi,
Same as the girls above, I use Thuya Tinting and Perming products and have absolutely no complaints. The tints are really effective, same as the perming products.

HTH's

Does anyone know a website for THuya?
Can tinting and perming be done in the same appointment?
Is the peroxide creme or liquid?
I am a bit worried about their limited colours. How do you all handle that?
Thanks

your spot on! its like a spanish brand but i think ellisons is the one that stocks it! the peroxide is a liquid! the only trouble i have with them is that the tint is white when it comes out first..and the developes with the peroxide! but the colour is brill when its on the lashes which is whats important i suppose!

Ive used Thuya from Ellisons and yes it's very good.
Out of interest why do you not like reflectocil.Pm me if you prefer.

Ive used Thuya from Ellisons and yes it's very good.
Out of interest why do you not like reflectocil.Pm me if you prefer.
Bear in mind it has been quite a few yeas since I've used Reflectocil, so the experiences I had with it may not still be relevent.
I always found it difficult to mix, the colours weren't as great as I would've liked & when you did eyebrows with it it really stained the skin (under the hairs). It always just seemed a cheapo brand.

So is Thuya a well known, widely used brand in the UK? This is the first time I've came across it.
The supplier I'm using doesn't always stock it, but is willing to if I want it. I only came across it when talking to her about perming kits beause they have single use sachets which I would really like.

What's the devopment time?

single sachet perm lotions and stuff? thats SUCH a good idea!! gimme some! :p

to be honest, i'm not sure if its widely used, but its 10 million times better than the salon systems one, oh dear! did a perm and the adhesive may as well not have been there! the lashes just would not stick! then swopped over to the thuya and it gave a lovely curl! for tinting the development time as normal, about 10 mins for lashes, 2-4 mins for brows!

hope that helps my love! xxx

Sounds good, I might have to give it a go.
I don't do alot of perming but I'm the only one in town doing it so I don't want to give it up, but it gets expensive when you only get one use out of an ampoule and then have to throw it out, so I really wanted single use ones. Apparently they only do it in a kit though (you can't just buy the sachets so when you run out you have to buy the whole kit again).
The sachets were of the perming solution & neutraliser.

The Thuya sachets sound ideal as I only do lash perming once in a blue moon. I'm going to have a nosy in my Ellisons book tonight and check out prices. x

The Thuya student kit somes with the seperate sachets for perming i think. It's good, but can be a tad wasteful as you are always throwing some of the sachet away...

You can do perming and tinting in the same treatment, and it works really well! the adhesive is brilliant, and the rollers are easy to use... the perming lotion is a gel so it's really easy to use.

I would recommend it - works so much better than other systems i've used! The tinting has thre colours, brown, black and Blue... i find that it covers all the requests i get - i guage the development time and/or mix colours together to get the required shade.

HTH's

Latest posts

Back