TIGI Copyright Colour - is it supposed to smell so bad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllanJudge

Reaction score
I want to teach myself how to use it, but also go on a couple of courses. I find it quite a straightforward colour line to follow, I like that.

I bought 3 tubes off Ebay 9/4 and 8/34 and 10/03 ... Also bought the 8.5vol (I think it's that one) activator.
I would never use these on a client, i've got loads of hair cuttings that I use to test colours on.

The smell is literally vile. My sister was a Hairdresser when I was about 5-8 (i'm 30 now) and it smells like that. Proper old school, potent almost as bad as perm lotion type smell.

For all I slag L'Oreal off, their tints have a lovely odour. I'm thinking it's just cause they're off Ebay? I couldn't work with these colours on a regular basis if this is the actual smell of a legit tube of TIGI.

What do others who have used it think?

I used to use it and like it and can't remember it being overly whiffy.
Maybe you've got a knock off product?

I think I must have, AcidPerm. I've literally got a headache and the room stinks that I done it in.
Gonna buy some from the wholesalers to compare.

It did stink when I used it (3 years ago now mind) the reds are lush tho be wary of high lifts they stain really bad when you overlap (we turned my training client green :eek:)

It did stink when I used it (3 years ago now mind) the reds are lush tho be wary of high lifts they stain really bad when you overlap (we turned my training client green :eek:)

Oh God, why did you stop using them?

Can you compare them to L'Oreal at all?

Oh God, why did you stop using them?

Can you compare them to L'Oreal at all?
Their not like Loreal at all really, we used Loreal at the time I tried this, I only did the training and used up my training pack with tigi (12 tubes i think) I wasn't impressed tbh just went back to colorissimo after that Loreal was working out too expensive for me

How long ago was this? And why weren't you impressed? Sorry for all the questions i'm just curious.

It's ok no one else is answering you lol, It was 3 years ago, I had the rep hounding me while I was doing the refurb so I gave it a go when I opened, I diddnt like the smell, the price was a bit more than I wanted to pay (especially the opening order) & the underlying tone (in my opinion) is green, I found it too fussy to work around the green tinge I kept getting with them, so I went back to what I was used to

I remember being trained in this and having to mix together so many colours to make a simple brown haha.

Wella is much more simple

I really didn't like Tigi.

It smelt awful and as you say it takes too much effort to make a brown [emoji23]

I bought a shade chart, it cost a lot (we can't say prices on here can we) it arrived and it was so basic. I thought for the price it would have their whole range in it and it only had their permanent shades in it.

The samples were tiny. It was just a big disappointment.

Yeah u much prefer wella x

Latest posts

Back