Time for cuticle work when toes need more?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
Lol Sorry about the title.
What I mean is what do you all do when performing a mini pedi or Shellac pedi, after using Cuticle away, but some of the cuticle is still there and needs another treatment, maybe next time to remove all traces?
I am spending too much time sometimes on clients who do not use Solar oil in between appointments to maintain cuticles and nail condition. However I feel if I don't do what I'm doing at the moment, the surface of the nail will not be properly prepped, and my Shellac will not go on smoothly or may not last.
Any ideas please - it feels like the longest part of my service at times!
Thank you Geeks x

I suck it up and remove it until it is gone no matter how long it takes me. I find the little toe always needs to be gone over twice, so I expect that. Prep always takes me the longest whether it's toes or fingers and I do wonder if I over do it for fear of not doing it enough. But my services last so I accept the extra time it takes me.

ah thank you , not just me then.
Most clients are fine but the odd one OMgoodness! a it always seems to be the ones having more than one treatment too so time is of the essence!
I even thought it was me misusing the product but hopefully not.
Thank you x

Do the little toe first, then if it needs more cuticle away you can reapply and do it again last rather than waiting inbetween

Try giving the Cuticle Away a little longer to work before going in with your tools. What I do if cuticles look particularly bad is to apply CA, then trim and file the nails before then going in with my pushie. This normally means the job of removing cuticle is much easier and quicker and you don't normally need a second application x

Try giving the Cuticle Away a little longer to work before going in with your tools. What I do if cuticles look particularly bad is to apply CA, then trim and file the nails before then going in with my pushie. This normally means the job of removing cuticle is much easier and quicker and you don't normally need a second application x

Grat idea thank you x

Latest posts

Back