Timing for acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline90

Reaction score
Hey Geeks ☺ I was just wondering if any of you could tell me how long it takes to do a full set of acrylic nails with shellac colour on top? not sure if my timings are right.. think I need to speed up abit.
Thanks in advance
Caroline ☺

I take 2 hrs for this. I'm slower than others but if they last then it's worth not rushing :D

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh ok.. I take around 2 hours 15 mins give or take.. they do last as I do make sure all my prep etc is done properly. Was just curious to see how long it takes others. Thank you x

Iv been qualified almost 3 years so I don't think I will speed up anytime soon lol. I'd love to be quicker but it's not something I worry about too much x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've actually been qualified 3years myself now but work in a salon now and most of the work I do is nails which I love but I think doing other treatments might stop me speeding up but I'm not too worried either.. would eventually love to do just nails alone lol x

Don't concentrate on your timing , concentrate on doing the best nails possible and your timings will automatically improve as you do more nails.

Having your station very organized is the biggest help, do you lay everything out in order that you need it so your never looking for anything you can just move on?

Do you keep your head down chatting, looking people in the eyes while chatting is great but will slow you down a lot!

I used to take about 2 hours to do this, I now take about 1hr 15min, to 1 30mins depending on the client. I don't do a lot of enhancements anymore, it seems to be all shellac at the moment, but at christmas time I can do them in an hour because i do so many sets in row ( I've about 7 years experience now with enhancements).

I use well less tips and never rush putting the gel or acrylic on, i take my time and try to get as perfect a shape on them as possible with the brush so that there is minimal filing to do afterwards, this is really where most of your time goes i would guess :)

If your really serious on wanting to improve your nails you need to buy and read nail class by gigi rouse, it's not expensive and will be the best investment for acrylic nails you've ever made, It goes through everything such as brush angles , mix ratio, finish filing …. everything to create the perfect set of enhancement!

Don't concentrate on your timing , concentrate on doing the best nails possible and your timings will automatically improve as you do more nails.

Having your station very organized is the biggest help, do you lay everything out in order that you need it so your never looking for anything you can just move on?

Do you keep your head down chatting, looking people in the eyes while chatting is great but will slow you down a lot!

I used to take about 2 hours to do this, I now take about 1hr 15min, to 1 30mins depending on the client. I don't do a lot of enhancements anymore, it seems to be all shellac at the moment, but at christmas time I can do them in an hour because i do so many sets in row ( I've about 7 years experience now with enhancements).

I use well less tips and never rush putting the gel or acrylic on, i take my time and try to get as perfect a shape on them as possible with the brush so that there is minimal filing to do afterwards, this is really where most of your time goes i would guess :)

If your really serious on wanting to improve your nails you need to buy and read nail class by gigi rouse, it's not expensive and will be the best investment for acrylic nails you've ever made, It goes through everything such as brush angles , mix ratio, finish filing …. everything to create the perfect set of enhancement!

I'm happy with the nails that I do and so are my clients, it was just I thought I was taking to long to do a set, clients never complain about the time or anything but I just completely over think things lol.
My nail station is very organised and I only have what I need on the table.. I do chat alot to clients tho so mabey that's what could be slowing me down.. Il attach a photo of a set of nails that I have done. Thanks a million ☺

Attachments

• 1441712865850.jpg
    1441712865850.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 153
The end result of your nails is good Caroline, but did you know if you are excessively filing them after applying them that it will actually weaken your enhancement as the acrylic is not fully set for 24 hours. By making the best nails possible , i meant being able to sculpt nails that need only the bare buffing over before you apply your shellac over the top :) If you are applying the nails and then spending a lot of time filling them in the perfect shape this is time consuming but also bad for the overall strength of the acrylic nail :)

Oh ok I see what you are saying.. I haven't done many sculptures as I'm not that great but it's the forms i have the trouble with not the acrylic.. my ratio is fine and I pretty much have the shape with my acrylic brush so just buff over them before shellac.. I think it could be that I use full well tips and then chatting to the client kind of slows me down.. I do find tho that it depends of the nail shape the clients is looking for too..
Y
Thank you ☺

I take about 2 hours to do a new set of acrylics still and ive been qualified for about 4 years, I wish I could speed up abit but taking time is definitely better than rushing them! [emoji5]️

Yeah I wish I could speed up too but the main thing is the nails are good and they last ☺

get yourself well less tips for sure :) makes blending them a dream (you don't even have to blend them if you don't want to but I always do and it only takes a few swipes of the file :)

when I said scultp the nails I meant building the correct shape with your brush and not your file ;) If your already doing this then great! you will find you will naturally speed up the more sets you do , you need to be doing them quite regularly to get your timings down I find :)

I wouldn't worry about it so;) just keep doing what your doing and one day you'll realise you don't take 2 hours anymore :)

I'd say 2 hours is too long and to address what exactly is taking you your time.

I take exactly an hour for a full set of acrylics with Shellac on, this is on the speedy side and I would say 1hr 15 minutes is average. 45 minutes is a lot of time/money that you're losing, try keep your head down whilst talking that's probably the hardest thing I had to conquer lol xx

I m about the same as Noreen and I agree with every word of her post, could have written it myself!

I try to ask questions that will have them rattling on for ages so I can get on, about their job, grandchildren, etc. if I have to talk, I know it slows me down

I am the same it takes me about 2 hours with shellac ontop I did my course in 2011 so I am just getting back into it and I have finally found a job in a salon after years of trying xx

Quick question... Do you all charge more for shellac on top of acrylics instead of regular polish? X

So glad I've seen this..I take about 2 hours too..I've only been doing them since April and I'm starting in a salon soon! Won't worry now :) x

New Quick question... Do you all charge more for shellac on top of acrylics instead of regular polish? X
Absolutely! The product is more expensive and takes slightly longer than polish therefore that needs to be reflected in the price you charge.

I take 45mins - 1 hour they look good and last well but have been doing them about 10 yr, you will gradually get faster the more you do, if you can get your acrylic application perfect this means very little filing to finish and will speed things up no end [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back