Timing on repairs with Fabric

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
....Wonder if any one can help...I had to do a a complete new tip and overlay to a single nail the other day and I worried about this as with fabric I know you have to do all ten fingers and start again with next stage and so and so on ... so my question is what can you do when it is only a single to a couple of nails your are tipping as it took me ages to wait for the nails to set after activation?

Hiya

If you are doing just a single repair it should not take ages to dry maybe you are using the build/ boost to thick try using thinner layers should have no probs.

Take care Dawnie xxx

Totally agree with Dawnie,it seems you are simply applying too much boost,You only need a small bead of boost,and is best to do nice thin layers than as you say taking forever to dry,i also think applying too thick can make it brittle and crack,If you try this and is still not drying in reasonable time try going over again gently with the activator only,this should do the trick! :)

Fab Freak said:
....Wonder if any one can help...I had to do a a complete new tip and overlay to a single nail the other day and I worried about this as with fabric I know you have to do all ten fingers and start again with next stage and so and so on ... so my question is what can you do when it is only a single to a couple of nails your are tipping as it took me ages to wait for the nails to set after activation?
A single nail overlay takes about 15 minutes..............Inlcuding tip,blend and products............
The products work pretty fast, if you apply them thin...............
If it takes ages to activate and set ,then you are applying the products to thick...
So for one nail it would be......
prep
bond
tip
blend
bond 1x
fibreglass
bond 1x
build 1-2x
boost 2x
buff
Done !!!!

hope this helps

Thanks you guys...

will try less boost...if you double wrap a nail do you use apply second layer of fibreglass after buffed over first sealed wrap? sorry for all the questions...(one lady keeps snapping her index fingers kept them short and she still breaks em so thought doubel later of fibreglass might be beneficial?

Hiya

I would put a stress strip on first them wrap the whole nail to do this
prep as normal
coat of bond to the nail
cut a stress strip to go over stress area
coat of bond
then fibreglass over the whole nail
and then carry on as normal.

Hope this helps
Dawnie xxx

Thanks Dawnie - will try that method....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back