Tint testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I am employed in a small salon that doesn't patch test.I have tried to push this as much as I can and have made tint test forms and left them in the salon. I have explained to all the staff that if they make an appointment for a (new)client for brow/lash tinting or lashes they will need a patch test first. On my days off clients are getting booked in with me with out getting patch tested. I explain to them they they need a patch test but my boss will come and speak over me and say something like 'yeah but we can do it this time' or 'they've been tinted before somewhere else it's okay' that then leaves me in an awkward situation.

Do I have the right to refuse to do clients un-tested even though my boss is telling me to go ahead?

Really unsure what do to now as I don't want to be the one responsible for reactionsfor not following manufacturers instructions...

Help

That's awful! No duty of care at all and what happens if someone gets a severe reaction or someone sues, their insurance would be invalid. You definitely have the right to refuse clients Hun as if you didn't patch test and they had a reaction you are liable xx

Google anaphylactic shock and a massive puffy eyes and face that can prevent BREATHING and need ED treatment.

Print it out and stick it in the salon, then see what they think.

Actually i have a Loreal permanent done without strand test, i'll attach.

Yes, refuse, it takes seconds to do a test ffs

That swelling that is puffing her eyes and face will be closing her oesophagus and ability to breathe. If that's not an emergency, I don't know what is.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1490787400.655767.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back