Tint to use with LVL

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshinjune

Reaction score
Hi guys, did LVL training last week and they didn't put any tint I my pack! They're sending some out, but I have a client on Monday who I need to tint. Can you guys recommend an alternative tint to use when doing LVL when doing the 'colour boost'? I've heard Salon Systems can be used.....x

I think hd brow tints which are the same in LVL are actually a rebrand of refectocil tints :)

Hi guys, did LVL training last week and they didn't put any tint I my pack! They're sending some out, but I have a client on Monday who I need to tint. Can you guys recommend an alternative tint to use when doing LVL when doing the 'colour boost'? I've heard Salon Systems can be used.....x

Ooo just a person i need to speak to x
I have my course booked and I've been wondering do u get parch testing sachets in your kit,
As I'm thinking surely you can be opening sachet after sachet just to patch test x :)
Thanks

Sorry patch not parch :)

I think hd brow tints which are the same in LVL are actually a rebrand of refectocil tints :)

It's not refectocil tint used in HD Brows its hairwell but im not sure if this is what they use for lvl. You can buy hairwell from hof beauty.

To the OP are you just trained in lvl or are you trained in lash tinting separately? As if your just trained in lvl your probably not insured to use any other products, but if you already tint lashes it will be fine to use your normal tint as your already insured xxx

Ooo just a person i need to speak to x
I have my course booked and I've been wondering do u get parch testing sachets in your kit,
As I'm thinking surely you can be opening sachet after sachet just to patch test x :)
Thanks

you dont get patch testing sachets - you use the actual sachets used for the LVL treatments. Bear in mind that you can use the sachets for patch testing up to 2 weeks from opening sachets, so i got all my regular nail and brow clients who were remotely interested in LVL to have a patch test at their nail/brow appointments just in case they wanted the treatment in the future..

Whatever's left in the sachets from an LVL treatment can be used for PT for up to 2 weeks - as long as it's resealed after each use ..

HTHs xx

It's not refectocil tint used in HD Brows its hairwell but im not sure if this is what they use for lvl. You can buy hairwell from hof beauty.

To the OP are you just trained in lvl or are you trained in lash tinting separately? As if your just trained in lvl your probably not insured to use any other products, but if you already tint lashes it will be fine to use your normal tint as your already insured xxx

it's definitely Hairwell tints that are used in LVL .. x

you dont get patch testing sachets - you use the actual sachets used for the LVL treatments. Bear in mind that you can use the sachets for patch testing up to 2 weeks from opening sachets, so i got all my regular nail and brow clients who were remotely interested in LVL to have a patch test at their nail/brow appointments just in case they wanted the treatment in the future..

Whatever's left in the sachets from an LVL treatment can be used for PT for up to 2 weeks - as long as it's resealed after each use ..

HTHs xx

Oh right x
Thanks x

Thanks guys for all your replies. I'm not trained to tint separately, but as I understand it I am insured to tint provided it is the 'colour boost' done during the LVL procedure - this is not a full tint as you only leave the tint on for 3-5 minutes. I asked my trainer about full tinting and other products, and her response was that I was not qualified to perform full tints, but it seemed that we would be insured to use other products so long as it was done as part of the 'colour boost'. I have emailed Nouveau to clarify, but am in a bit of a panic as I don't want to have to cancel this client tomorrow evening. Hopefully they will respond soon.

Thanks for all your help :) x

Latest posts

Back