Tinting AND perming or just tinting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodipodi

Reaction score
Hiya, can someone advise, I am booked on a course for eye treatments-tinting and perming....when I booked I was asked if I wanted to do the full course or just one or the other ie; tinting OR perming.
Having a look through it seems theres not much call for eyelash perming. I presume the course is half the price if only one unit is taken but not sure if Id be better doing both or to just do the tinting...any advise please?? Thanks xx:confused:

Is there any other salons in the area that offer eyelash perming? Maybe if not you may find your niche

Not many salons in my area, only a couple of us offer eyelash perming, and I find it quite popular in my salon, but I read that a few geeks have no call for it at all, so it maybe something you could research into in your area

HTHs xx

Didnt think of it like that....dont think there is to be honest,or if there is it isnt marketed very well as I dont know of any that do. Could maybe offer it as a special package? Might be worth it after all.... ;) x Thanks Katykitten

I've not seen alot of salons offering it, I know that people do like it and it can have some great results.

Its a 45 minute treatment though, verrry fiddely and when I have seen it on a salon price list, its not more than £12-15. I dont really enjoy doing it but if its another thing to put on your price list, and as Katykitten says, it could be your niche, its worth doing.

To be honest I didnt think it'd be that long to do. Dont think its a major price difference to do both so probably could do it....just thinking of the pennies! x

Its a 45 minute treatment though, verrry fiddely and when I have seen it on a salon price list, its not more than £12-15.

We charge a bit more than that, it's on my website if you want to have a look, because I don't think we can post prices on here, but our clients all think it's good value for money because of the results and the fact it lasts for 6-8 weeks xx

Oh I definitely agree, people I've done it on love it and when I had mine done it lasted forever.
I meant more towards how long you are spending doing the treatment and how much you are actually making for your time. As long as your clients dont have unrealistic expectations of the treatment I dont think anyone would be disappointed.

I just personally dont like how fiddely it is but I dont mind carrying out the treatment.

Jodi- Do a little bit of research in your area. Maybe ask a salon why they dont do eyelash perming or ask friends if it interests them? That way you wont be spending money on training that you wont really use that much. Its nice to be able to offer extras though x

I think its worth doing at certian times of the year i do quite a lot of them other salons down here charge alot more than £12-£15 its more like £30 -£50 depending on the salon and it takes 45mins.x

I think its worth doing at certian times of the year i do quite a lot of them other salons down here charge alot more than £12-£15 its more like £30 -£50 depending on the salon and it takes 45mins.x

Wow, thats alot! That'll definitely be cost effective for your time!
Like I said, im in London and I've not seen alot of salons offering it. The few that I have have not been more than £20 but I cant remember all the prices.

I guess its just if you have the customers who have that kind of money for the treatment. x

Wow, thats alot! That'll definitely be cost effective for your time!
Like I said, im in London and I've not seen alot of salons offering it. The few that I have have not been more than £20 but I cant remember all the prices.

I guess its just if you have the customers who have that kind of money for the treatment. x

Well i think above £30 is excessive but hey a few salons around here seem to charge that much i dont but some do!! x

Have to say I have just studied this at college and loved doing it and the people I have done it on loved the effect.

Salons around my area charge about £30 which for the effort and fidliness of the job is a good price.

Its worth having on your treatment menu and you can always put together an eye treatment package of ELP, ELT, EBT and EBS for x amount.

Yep, think Ill just do it anyway for the little extra itll cost. Koolkitty7 thats along the lines of my thinking too xx Thanks everyone

Latest posts

Back