Tinting patch test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautG

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I did a patch test on a client the other day for eyebrow tinting on the inside of her arm, she text me when she got in about 10 mins later saying she wiped it off because she was getting ready for work, will this still be ok or would you re patch test her as she booked in this week?

Thanks

Hi hun, I was taught that it should stay on the skin for up to 48 hrs to be sure a reaction isn't going to take place. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

The patch test tint needs to be on her skin for at least as long as the treatment time. Unless the manufacturer's instructions say different. If you're not sure redo the test. Use your judgement - does she have sensitive skin? Or does she have allergies or environmental sensitivities (asthma, hay fever etc) If she does I'd repeat the test.

I was taught to put a bit behind the ear, where it doesn't draw attention to itself. That way you don't get clients rushing to take it off!

You do need to wait a minimum of 24 hours after a patch test though, so don't skimp on that bit.

Thanks for your replies I have texted her & explained I would feel better re doing the test on her (no she does not have any allergies) & she has agreed but asked to have it behind her ear. I would rather be over cautious though x

Latest posts

Back