tip and dip infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh dear how thick do i look now!lol! i did silk/fiberglass and tip n did with nail training academy.how long u been in the nail bisiness? x

i have been playing with nails on and off nails 2 years took course in june this year..and you? and no i dont think your thick!!!!! xxxx

I've been playing about with my mates nails for a year and really wanted to learn so I did my course for both in September this year so not long! did you not find doing a home study course hard? mine was a one2one (had to bring a mate to be my model) just had a look at the course you said you did.. looks good do you get a question pack you have to do? can you fail? and do you have to send that hand back to them with a set of sculpts on and they mark it?x x x x

i done 2 courses 1 for arcylic and gel (although i hate gel) that was in peterbourghand the sculpting 1 as it did not cover sculpting.....home study was good as it was like bit 1 to 1..yes you can fail hun but you can pass aswell.!!!!!i kept my practice hand although if your looking for one try geekbay.shame you dont live closer we could have had catch up and drink sometime......gotta get of computer dragons den on soon !!!!! good speaking to you hun will no doubt meet up again xxxx

yeah tis a shame.. I was living in Bournemouth only moved to derby a year ago.. thanks for the good chats today! shall definitely catch up soon. Definitely want to do sculpt nails.. will have to pick your brains on them sometime! Are you mobile or salon worker? anyway, enjoy your evening x

Hi
Ive just learnt the quick dip system and we were taught that for a set of infills you need to buff away any lifted product tidy up and blend in any areas that need it then brush off any dust and then go over whole nail with resin and dip once for all ten fingers and then activate
Our tutor said some people just use a layer of resin but it looks nicer and is stringer with the added layer of powder
Hopes this helps
XXX

hi guys..me again with another question!:rolleyes:
this is how I was taught how to do tip n dip infills

1.buff nails
2.dehydrate new nail growth
3.apply resin over whole nail...air dry
4.buff up
5.oil

when I do this you can still see the new nail growth..can you after applying resin over whole nail dip more acrylic then after all 10 nails brush off excess powder then resin again then activator then 4,5??? would be very grateful for any help, thankyou x x x

There are a few tricks to tip & dip (you'll see me often refer to is as "gel-resin" as that's what we call it here in Quebec).

If you're still seeing the line where the old 'seam' is, then you didn't remove enough all of any lift that existed, or blend enough.
After you've removed lift, use a an 240 file or a white block bluffer to smooth it out. Tip-n-dip isn't very forgiving of any scratches or bumps.
Then resin, then powder, then resin and then activator.

You can also build apexes with tip-n-dip. If you're unsure of how, just let me know.

hth's

Latest posts

Back