tip blend - any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisehartje

Reaction score
Hi

Just a curiosity thing really - have seen products at Earls Court to assit with tip blending in a bottle - anyone used it before? any opinions on it? is it a gimmick and a waste of time?

I've not used a tip blender personally, but from what I have read on here they are a waste of time. Basically it is an acetone based product which 'melts' the edge of the tip to blend it, but it makes the tip go gooey and can cause service breakdown by weakening the tip.

Those that have tried them seem to declare them a waste of money - stick to your files and blend tips by hand!

HTH's

i have tryed tip blender once and never again, i find it easier just to file, also tip blender can carry on working after you have applied and filed causing problems with the l&p or gel

I would tip blend without it it makes the tips sticky and harder to blend not a good idea!!!

Caz xxx

There is allot about tipblenders here on the site if you search the topic.

• The biggest reasons for not using it, in my opinion, are that it is so much easier to cause damage to the natural nail ---
  • using solvents on clients is an overexposure hazard for them and can lead to allergic reaction ---
  • it gunks up your files ---
  • it is not a professional approach but a 'quick fix' or 'short cut' method that can have a deleterious effect on the enhancement ---
  • and it is no quicker anyway.
Is that enough for you? :D

thanks geeg and everyone else!

I was not going to use them - just I saw them advertised and was curious - at least with filing you can control what you do with the blending.

I thought they were a waste of money and that is why I have not bought any!

Latest posts

Back