Tip blending advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherry Darling

Reaction score
I am currently training to do L & P enhancments and I'm making really silly mistakes with tip blending. I have read the tutorial pages on here but nothing seems to help. I have been blending trying to get the seam line to disappear but I either end up filing through which makes the tip fall off or I stop filing but can still see the seam line. My tips after blending also become really thin and 'papery' which break with the slightest bit of pressure and also appear cloudy when I have applied the L & P. Please help me someone, it's really starting to get me down. :cry:

which tips r u using? i love the tips that are thinner and alomst pre blended... if not heres a tip my old instructor taught me... slightly file over tip before applying it to finger (just the top of it) then glue it on, then take the buffer not file and buff it slightly... then either spray hygiene spray or i normally put cleanse on a wipe n rub it and whilst nails wet ul be able to tell what it would look like with acrylic on it as if u still see a line it needs slightly buffed more... if not itll be fine.

since ive changed to dura tips ive had no probs with blending jus need a slight buff as they are thinner tips and really flexible until u put the acrylic on. x

hth chic x

which tips r u using? i love the tips that are thinner and alomst pre blended... if not heres a tip my old instructor taught me... slightly file over tip before applying it to finger (just the top of it) then glue it on, then take the buffer not file and buff it slightly... then either spray hygiene spray or i normally put cleanse on a wipe n rub it and whilst nails wet ul be able to tell what it would look like with acrylic on it as if u still see a line it needs slightly buffed more... if not itll be fine.

since ive changed to dura tips ive had no probs with blending jus need a slight buff as they are thinner tips and really flexible until u put the acrylic on. x

hth chic x

I'm not quite sure which tips I use, they are supplied on my course and I'm not sure we are allowed to use other brands :(

It'll probably be the tips you are using not being a good quality. Who is your course with? I use CND Velocity tips and they are so easy and quick to blend. I've used cheap ones in the past when practising and it was much harder to do

I am studying with essential nails and I am using tips supplied with the nail trainer.

Stupid question here but should I be blending over the entire tip or just the well area?

Just the well area, blended into the natural nail

Last edited:
Great advice 😬

I was taught to cut out a lot off the well so that theres just enough to stick to nail but less to blend. does anyone else do that? x

As lee lee'z said, ensure you are blending the tip and thinning the well area before applying to the natural nail this will avoid u having to blend so much when it's on the natural nail. Try to avoid filing on the natural nail plate by angling your file to blend the tip only. HTH xx

Hi cherry I am studying with essential nails to and I'm having the exactly the same problem with blending have you found anything that has helped yet? I have been advised to wipe the nail over with the sanitiser to see how much more needs blending and file with a white buffing block, I have experimented with this and my tips still fall off we're I have over blended it's frustrating.

Latest posts

Back