Tip Color change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annebet

Reaction score
Hello Just a quick question, I have a set of nails to do next week, I did them 2 week ago but they will be 3 week old next week and she had pink tips on, she wants to change the tips to a different color, she wants me to soak them of n start again but I have told her she shouldn't need a full soak off, so I was thinking rather than do a full soak off just to clip the pink tip off tidy up the rest of the nails and add a new tip then just carry on as if I am doing a full set of enhancements, I may even sculpt a new tip not sure yet depends if I have the color powder she wants, I just wandered if this is the way anyone else would do them as I think if the rest of the enhancement is ok then I will only need to clip the tip of , am not sure because she is a new customer so am not sure how her old tech would have done them, I am thinking because she has asked me to do a full soak of then that must have been what her old tech was doing. I am just so chuffed she is coming back to me, she has text and said she is happy as they have all stayed on so am assuming they haven't lasted when she has had them done before, I haven't had anyone want their tip color changing before, usually just infills and backfills.
Thanx for any help :)

i'd be cautious about clipping them off. it will most likely cause some cracking to the overlay and if thats in good condition you will make it a longer job.

i would probably file down the current overlay to the tip and put on the new colour acrylic. or i would use my electric file to file away the tip and then sculpt a new one into place.

i'd be cautious about clipping them off. it will most likely cause some cracking to the overlay and if thats in good condition you will make it a longer job.

i would probably file down the current overlay to the tip and put on the new colour acrylic. or i would use my electric file to file away the tip and then sculpt a new one into place.

or file the bulk down and then clip, youre not likely to get any cracking this way

when clipping, make sure you take tiny little knibbles - this will stop it from cracking and lifting off the nail plate. Shape the new smile line and then sculpt zones 1,2,3, or if you prefer reverse, zones 2,3 file in smile line and then sculpt zone 1.

both angel fingers and yeahyeah have valid points. If the enhancement is thick then I would file down first. (it is hard work knibbling your way through thick enhancements)

I wouldn't soak off and start again.

I always do like this:

I would thin out ... clip off the coloured tip area (in little nibbles) just in front of where you want the new smile to be and file in a new smile line.

Forms on .. add new coloured powder in zone 1 fill in zone 3 and then use a bead of clear to reinforce over zone 1 and 2.

Hiya yes sorry that what I meant thin them down then clip of in little bits till I got to the smile line .
Thanx for replying :)

I would never have clipped anything until geeg showed me how to 'nibble' :green: now I have the trick I use it for this purpose all the time- changing tip colour!

Practice on acrylic covered tips and watch your eyes with flying bits!!! wear safety glasses and offer your client some, with practice they don't fly but the first time I did it I nearly took my eye out lol

Latest posts

Back