Tip falling off a day later

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenailangel01

Reaction score
hi guys i know youve probably read something like this before its just i had a new client last night through which i gained 2 more clients (her mum and friend) i applied all her extensions and preped as i should before but she has texted me this morning saying that her thumb tip has fallen off, she is used to acrylic and by the look of her nails they werent very good, can you tell me what i have done wrong, i am using star nails gel, i know its cheap but i got recommended it.

thanks in advance

hi guys i know youve probably read something like this before its just i had a new client last night through which i gained 2 more clients (her mum and friend) i applied all her extensions and preped as i should before but she has texted me this morning saying that her thumb tip has fallen off, she is used to acrylic and by the look of her nails they werent very good, can you tell me what i have done wrong, i am using star nails gel, i know its cheap but i got recommended it.

thanks in advance

Hi hun,

first of all a couple questions - who did you train with and how long have you been trained?

My guess is if you are newly trained that you havent done enough work on your prep. Prep is so important becuase if it is not done thoroughly enough you will experience lifting.... hence nails will come off!

Jodie

Also just to add....she might have just broken it....?? it does happen, clients often will bash and break a nail and ring you and say "its fell off"...if the other 9 are fine then it sounds a little suspect....unless of course you did the 9 nails different to that 1 nail..:lol:

Also just to add....she might have just broken it....?? it does happen, clients often will bash and break a nail and ring you and say "its fell off"...if the other 9 are fine then it sounds a little suspect....unless of course you did the 9 nails different to that 1 nail..:lol:

LOL good point! a had a client the other day who lost one and admitted that it was her own fault. i turned up to replace that nail and the other 9 were gone! i asked her what had happened and she told me that they other 9 "fell off" when she washed her hands!!???!!! When i looked at her nails they were so rough where she had obviously ripped them off - pulling several layers of her nail plate off and had spots of lechonychia (Excuse my spelling) all over her nails - that she defo didnt have a week and a half ago! i said to her nicely - ive never known nails just to fall off like that leaving soooo much damage behind and she admitted that once on had come off she couldnt resist picking the others and decided just to rip them all off. She learned her lesson when i charged her for a new full set and not the maintaince/rebalance price!

So to say she was very embarrased about lying to me and has even mentioned she will never pick them off again!

Jodie x x x

Hi hun,

first of all a couple questions - who did you train with and how long have you been trained?

My guess is if you are newly trained that you havent done enough work on your prep. Prep is so important becuase if it is not done thoroughly enough you will experience lifting.... hence nails will come off!

Jodie

i am newly trained ive only been qualified for 4 months but wouldnt they all fall off not just the one if my prep isnt up to scratch, ive trained through essential nails and i have done another course through nsi as i thought it would take me weeks to learn but i qualified through essential within a week thats why i did another gel course.

thanks i though it was suspect but ill have a look at it when i go down to repair and also should i charge her for it?

Latest posts

Back