Tip Sizing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
This is really getting me down. What is the best way to size a tip? When I take out a tip to size it I usually start with tips that are too big, so I go for the next size down (as suggested by geeg). They seem to fit the side walls nicely and follow the natural c curve of the natural nail etc. However, once I have removed the contact area and place the tip to the natural nail just to have another check, the tip seems too wide?! Any tips?? HEHEHE....Pun intended.:D

Some times when you file or cut the tips it spreads the contact area a little but it is still the correct size. Just file the corners to fit then apply.

General guide lines for sizing
Thumb - 123
Index and ring finger - 567
Middle finger - 456 or one size down from the ring finger
Pinki - 8910

Hope this helps

Creatively'

Diane

Thanks Diane. xxx

you might be tipping the tip up too much when putting it on, and therefore flattening out the contact area too much.

Toni Talons said:
you might be tipping the tip up too much when putting it on, and therefore flattening out the contact area too much.

Hi Tone, I'm a bit slow. When you say "tipping up", do you mean pressing the tip flat against the nail plate?

i can't explain it in writing but i can tell you. pm me your number.

Latest posts

Back