Tips for filling other tech's acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queen McKean

Reaction score
I have recently opened a nail bar at a busy caravan holiday destination. I have been super busy but I am finding that alot of clients want infills which have been done by other techs or these discount nail bars. Has anybody got any tips as the clients never know which colour or brands have been used and it can be quite difficult trying to get the best match. Thanks in advance :)

I always advise the client that the colour match may not be perfect, but that if it isn't you can polish over it until the previous set grows out :) also, don't guarantee the work because you don't know what the other tech did before you touched them. Xx

I always advise the client that the colour match may not be perfect, but that if it isn't you can polish over it until the previous set grows out :) also, don't guarantee the work because you don't know what the other tech did before you touched them. Xx

Thank you, this is what I'm really having problems with! I don't know which brands have been used especially from the nail bars and I worry about putting my acrylic over goodness knows what chemicals. I also worry about the condition of their nails underneath as I know most of these places can be harsh with electric files! I don't want to turn them away though and it is only the holiday makers who ask for me to fill them as they never got a chance before coming on holiday etc. Some of them don't want them polished over either :rolleyes:

In that case, I would perform a rebalance. Thin down the old work as much as possible (without going near the natural nail) and reapply with your own product - the colour difference then shouldn't be noticeable if they don't want them polished. Xx

Thank you I have been doing this but I can still see the difference. Aslong as I continue to make the clients aware of this , apart from offer them a glitter overlay, gelish or polish I guess there is not much else I can do.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back