Tips for my own hair to grow whilst having keratin pre-bonded hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzyxoxo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got Cinderalla Keratin Pre-Bonded Hair Extensions in my hair for the third time, and each time that I take the extensions out, I notice how wispy and damaged my own hair looks.

I have bleached hair and use the straightening irons a few times a week, so I know my own hair is damaged anyway, but does anyone know any tips on how to make your own hair grow whilst I have them in? E.g. any products to use or vitamins to take?

I heard that biotin will help though I'm worried about the acne side effects as I suffer from break-outs.

Thank you! xx

Hello! Having worn fusion bonded extensions for 10 years, there isn't anything specific that i've used to aid hair growth whilst they're in (tried Nioxin but lost patience) However, there are things you can do to to prevent hair loss such as:

1. Try not to play with them whilst they're in which can cause tension
  2. Blow dry them very gently with no tugging or pulling which weakens the roots
  3. Try not to pick at the bonds or pull them out if they are loose or frayed etc
  4. Dont get them too thick long or heavy which again can cause strain at the roots
  5. Remove them after 3 months to prevent hair loss
  6. Try not to wear them up tightly constantly as this weight causes tension at the roots
  7. Never bleach your roots on the day or few days before fitting as the hair needs time to mend and conditioning treatments will be required
Coming from someone who's had extensions (every method) for a decade (addicted!) x

If you want to grow your natural hair I would recommend micro ring method instead of pre bonded and trim your natural hair every time you have your extensions removed.

Thank you both for your replies and for the tips.

Is the micro rind method better for your hair?

It depends what method works best for your hair, every method has its pros and cons

I've only ever had keratin bonded extensions and unsure of they should be causing damage to my hair, but I looked at some pictures of my hair before I got extensions and my hair was much longer and thicker! Though I love the look of extensions!

I'm interested in this as I'm in the same boat, I've had keratin bonds for 3 years and every time I take them out I need a good trim as it seems to get thinner, I've had them out a few weeks and trying to give them a break but It's hard as my hairs so thin and in a bob . I was tempted to try micro rings

It's so difficult, I don't want to be without my extensions as my hair looks so bad and thin/fine without them, yet I wish my own hair could grow whilst I have them in! Does anyone know why the micro ring bond extensions are supposed to be better for your hair?

I'm not a hairdresser so not totally sure but I've been told the heat from the gun and the keratin bond been melted to your hair can damage hair whereas micro ring there's no heat no bond no glue, so less damage I think , I just got 20bonds for slight thickness as I'm trying to grow my own hair x

I'm not a hairdresser so not totally sure but I've been told the heat from the gun and the keratin bond been melted to your hair can damage hair whereas micro ring there's no heat no bond no glue, so less damage I think , I just got 20bonds for slight thickness as I'm trying to grow my own hair x

Yeah I think getting less bonds would probably help. I'll have to try and find a new hairdresser who offers the micro ring extensions, though do you know if they last as long as the keratin ones? xx

I think you can keep getting the micro rings pushed up so they last ages with maintainence. I'm doing scalp massages and trying to cope without menu extensions in although I got a extra 10 bonds put in the other day [emoji85]xx

It's so difficult, I don't want to be without my extensions as my hair looks so bad and thin/fine without them, yet I wish my own hair could grow whilst I have them in! Does anyone know why the micro ring bond extensions are supposed to be better for your hair?
Hey how are you getting on with your hair? Did you try micro rings?

Nano Rings And micro rings are glue and heat free they are very gentle on chemically processed hair with the right aftercare

It also depends on the weight of the bonds as there should be a ratio hair/extension to respect
If too heavy it damages the hair
Hair extensions should be removed every3 month and strictly by a professional
Manuela

Definatly take Biotin I grow out all my damaged hair within a year and a half without biotin it would have taken twice as long. It dosnt give everyone acne dosnt give me acne and I'm quite prone to it x

Definatly take Biotin I grow out all my damaged hair within a year and a half without biotin it would have taken twice as long. It dosnt give everyone acne dosnt give me acne and I'm quite prone to it x
Do you wear hair extensions? X

Do you wear hair extensions? X
Yes :) I used to have bonds, now I switched to micro beads I find them more gentle on the hair X

Latest posts

Back