Tips going soft??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
I bought a box of tips off ebay, (a professional / established beauty company who sell on there). I used them for the first time on Friday & when I put the acrylic (NSI) on, it caused the tip to soften & crack. Has anyone else had this?

With what kind of brand are you working with? Do yo use aceton into yous liqued maybe?

Liz

I use NSI l&p & I had no acetone out that day as it was a new set of nails I was putting on so I've no idea what happened.

I think the tips you got are cheap ones and reacted with your liqued.

Some tips don't like primer. Could you have got some on the tips after application?

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

No, I didnt get anything else on it, no acetone, no primer, nothing. As soon as I put the acrylic on, the tips just softened like cardboard does when its wet. I havent seen anything like it at all before. Kate

I bought a box of tips off ebay, (a professional / established beauty company who sell on there). I used them for the first time on Friday & when I put the acrylic (NSI) on, it caused the tip to soften & crack. Has anyone else had this?

I'm curious, how is this ebay store determined to be a "professional/established beauty company" if they are selling what should be professional products to any joe-blow on ebay that isn't providing proof of licensing/training?

Very sorry, but that isn't behaviour that reflects as "Professional".

The only things I'd ever advise anyone to buy from ebay are bits and bobs of art stuff; such as: glitter, fimo, rhinestones, and similar.

Tips fall into the category of professional products and should NOT be purchased on ebay. Doing so puts your business and your CLIENTS at risk. And offering professional services using non-professional products is a no-no; and unprofessional.

Regrettably, you were likely scammed into purchasing products that are substandard and won't meet your needs. Even the cheapest 'professional' brand doesn't do the weird thing that your tips from ebay did.

Very sorry that you wasted your money. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back