Tips of nails gone black with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty167

Reaction score
I did my friend a gel polish monday using Ibd just gel in all that glitters and cosmic red and she has just sent me this pic saying all the tips of her nails have gone black. Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this?
Thanks 1388179110494.jpg1388179110494.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Only thing I can think of is if she pulled on new black tights, the black dye can come off onto the nails.

Colour transfer from freshly coloured hair or a non-colourfast pair of jeans?

It could be absolutely anything... But it's certainly down to client error

I would also say colour transfer from hair dye or new clothes (jeans are notorious).
New (black) shoes are terrible too for gel polish on toes! My lovely French toes looked like they were bruised! lol x

I would also say colour transfer from hair dye or new clothes (jeans are notorious).
New (black) shoes are terrible too for gel polish on toes! My lovely French toes looked like they were bruised! lol x

This happened to me with my Shellac French, I bought new black jeans and it took about 3-4 washes until the colour stopped coming off on my nails!

Beauty Therapist and Training Associate

Thanks for your replies, I will speak to her tomorrow. Im guessing though she will say she hasn't done any of these things. Always kind of makes me feel like im doing a bad job! Iv only just done the gel polish training and these were my 4th set x

She should be able to wash it off if it's from jeans, I've got a pair and every time I wear them they dye the ends of my nails navy (I've had them years and washed them in hot water, cold water, ice water... They still leave dye everywhere!) not sure about hair dye whether that will come off though as I have blonde hair :/ xx

Iv just got off the phone to her and as expected it can't be any clothes as she has lived in white pjs since having them done even though she has just gone on about all the places shes been! She yoo has blonde hair so I know it's not hair dye. Im starting to wonder if its worth all the hassel doing friends =(

Latest posts

Back