Tips please-makeup separating!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishmac

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm recently trained and was looking for a little more expertise :) I did makeup at a pamper party where the girl had horrendous acne, her skin was very greasy to touch, almost wet, I cleansed over with bioderm and used smashbox anti shine primer, I then used Mac studio fix fluid as she wanted full coverage, I th en set with a transculent powder. I could see right away that the pores looked enlarged and the powder was sitting in them...I hate that! So I blended some more and it improved..I noticed however that makeup seems quite cakey but in a complete contradiction it was moving on her nose and towards her cheek, I reapplied to these areas a couple times.. I was pretty upset as I take pride in giving a flawless finish. Any advice appreciated? The girl said she was happy although noticed the powder but I get the feeling she would have taken it off! T be confirmed!! I've since spoken to someone at MAC who told me studio fix can separate with primers and not to use it? Thanks,:) x

If she had greasy skin you may have been better off using a powder foundation rather than a liquid.

Benefit cosmetics do a wonderful pore serum which great for large pores too.

So really its the wrong choice of product that is to blame here and not the product it's self

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back