To all beauticians, foundation question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie26

All about hair
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm planning to get married next year, I'm trying to find another brand of foundation for special day..Iv used so many foundations, from max factor, Vichy, most of shop brands. Also dermalogica. I feel lots are very heavy and feel cakey. I like the coverage from a foundation, but not the heaviness.... Any suggestions or recommendations please? Cost is not an issue.. Many thanks x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Katie, what do you use to apply your foundation? When I switched to the Beauty Blender, my make up has never looked better.

I just tried the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge and it gives me the same results but for far less money.

HTH! :)

I just use my fingers, but still find its heavy and sits on your pores, dry areas etc. never looks flawless. Iv had make up done where they have used sponges, but feel it's too heavy also. Iv started to go for crystal clear microdermabrasion sessions which I'm hoping will help with the make up application. Can you recommend good make up company's? Iv been told Mac is good? But will have to travel to nearest store to match me up

Im not a beautician but i use mineral foundation.... for the same reason foundation just looked like cement on my face... the minerals cover really well and dont look cakey x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi ladies, I'm planning to get married next year, I'm trying to find another brand of foundation for special day..Iv used so many foundations, from max factor, Vichy, most of shop brands. Also dermalogica. I feel lots are very heavy and feel cakey. I like the coverage from a foundation, but not the heaviness.... Any suggestions or recommendations please? Cost is not an issue.. Many thanks x

I use jane iredale mineral make up for my bridal/occasion make up & on myself, to achieve a smooth base I use a primer underneath, smooth affair (Jane Iredale) is excellent for drier skins or the Dream Tint can also be used as a primer & base,there are a choice of foundations the most popular being the Glow time Foundation (liquid bb cream full coverage) or the liquid foundation with Amazing base powder to finish - both good for drier skins but long lasting. X

I love using my smash box foundation. They come in many colours and you can build coverage, please stay away from estee lauder or a foundation with a high SPF as most will flash back with flash photography. I don't personally get on with any mac foundations other than the face and body one :) make up forever is another lovely one.

I use real techniques pro brush for foundation n the blending sponge, gives u a flawless complexion, not cakey or heavy :)
Also don't forget to use a good primer and a primer suitable with the foundation your using x

Many thanks ladies I'll look in to all you've said x

I don't know if you can find anywhere near you, but we use and retail Jane Iredale mineral make up and happily offer free consultations where we encourage clients to come and have a base put on and leave the salon without buying. We want them to go home, see how the product wears, look at the colour and coverage in their favourite mirrors and once they are happy, come back to purchase. We still offer a full money back guarantee if they buy the products but don't like them but usually problems are more to do with application - usually using to much product - so they come in for a complimentary mini make up lesson.
Many foundations with good coverage contain products like talc which draws moisture out of the skin, drying the skin out and giving a reflective white in pictures. Many of these also contain an spf which, as had been said, cause flashback.

JI contains an spf but this is in a different form to the ones found in most high street make up so no flash back!

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm ipswich. Never heard of this make up your saying.. Not sure if there's any close to ipswich? Maybe Colchester? Norwich?

I'm ipswich. Never heard of this make up your saying.. Not sure if there's any close to ipswich? Maybe Colchester? Norwich?

Jane Iredale is a professional salon/ Clinical pure mineral brand so you won't find it in any shops only authorised salons/clinics trained to use it. You can go on to jane iredale UK website and put your postcode into the salon Finder for your closets salon. It's more than a make up it's also a skincare make up x

Lovely thank you, will do x

i love estee lauder double wear i use the maximum coverage one as it hides my freckles but some people find it too thick but I love it and I've used nearly every brand of foundation and this is my HG
If you find it too heavy theres always the original double wear which is build-able coverage and not as thick as the maximum you could always get a sample of both from your local EL counter
hope this helps

Illamasqua skinbase is fab! I hate that caked on feeling, but this is lovely on my skin it's my favourite foundation.
Urban decay naked is also very light feeling but buildable.

Try Mac, face and body foundation.
They colour ranges C - yellow undertone and N - pink under stone colour 1-9.
Most people fit into N3 or C3.
It's very light and doesn't cake at all.
A lot of clients who hate foundation can wear this! I have a lot of VERY fussy clients and this usually keeps them happy.

On All my bridal clients (depending on skin type) I use Chanel perfection lumiere.

It photographs beautifully and doesn't move an inch all day, coverage can be built but isn't heavy at all! Hope that helps!

We use oxygenetics. It started life as a medical post procedure foundation (doesn't clog, and can be used on wounds eg post microneedling) but now is used regularly by their fans for long days where make up is required (actors- its popular in Hollywood). Depending on how you apply it, it can go on lighter or heavier. There will be youtube videos. We are in the City if you want to try it personally.

You could try Buff foundation - Fab texture and great coverage without feeling to heavy.

100% bare minerals. It's make up so pure you can sleep in it. And for a fuller coverage you could try the ready foundation as it stars from medium to full coverage and the loose stars from light

100% bare minerals. It's make up so pure you can sleep in it. And for a fuller coverage you could try the ready foundation as it stars from medium to full coverage and the loose stars from light

You need to be aware that bare minerals contains an ingredient called bismuth which is a skin aggravant. Many people aren't affected by it but those that are can't believe it's their make up because they use bare minerals so assume it is totally pure.

Reactions to this ingredient include redness and a tingling in the skin especially if you get hot with it on.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's just personal preference with me as I used to use Elizabeth Arden but had to stop as it was causing problems and I had servere skin problems on my face. Which caused me to try BM and never had any probs since x

Latest posts

Back