To do NVQ2/3 or not to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nataliegiggles8

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Hope you are having a good day, I am hoping you can give me some advice.

I currently just offer Bio Sculpture Gel nails, I work full time in an office Monday - Friday, so presently work evenings or weekends. I am now coming to a point where I would like to be able to offer some additional treatments and would like some advice.

I am mobile/work at home, and have read numerous other posts which say that you should not worry too much about NVQs if you are doing this kind of work - so can anyone recommend good companies for courses such as aromatherapy massage/lava shell massage, eyelash tinting/perming/individual extensions and waxxing (wax wise I have been looking at Kim Lawless and know she is very highly regarded")

Also, which would you personally go for first if it was you? I'd love to do Shrinking Violet body wraps too but think these are a bit of a luxury and some more 'bread and butter' treatments should be my priority? I am going to Olympia Beauty in a few weeks time and want to know where I should head to and avoid the not so good training companies!

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks,

Natalie

Waxing is a basic bread n butter, start there first. If you work full time n use beauty as a top up income, I recommend training in core beauty treatments, wraps are time consuming and demanding treatments.

It really depends on how you intend to carry on with your career. If you intend to be self employed then you would probably be ok to just train in the courses you are going to offer. If you are going to try to get a job I would recommend you do level 2 & 3. Most employers require this and as an employer anytime I've advertised for staff level 3 is the minimum level of training I require for my staff. This is due to the treatments I offer in my salon and the companies that I use some of the training is only available to level 2 or 3 qualified therapists. X

Latest posts

Back