To leave or not to leave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateeLouise

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I am currently self employed in a salon, I only have a few customers of my own, but my boss has got the old nail technician back in October, I have been working there all week since the old tech came back and I haven't been busy as boss been giving the old tech the customers and I only made £20.00 last week!! So I am not impressed, it's really awkward and we fight over business(seeing who does the walk in) there isn't enough custom for me let alone the old tech and for past 2 weeks I stopped going in on a Monday due to town been really dead, and I returned on the Wednesday and the old nail tech has been using the table I bought and using my stuff, my partner reckons I should leave, as it feels like I am not welcome there anymore. If can give me some advice or answers please xx

Hi Honey

Best bit of advice I can give is talk to the salon owner before you do anything. Check your contract too. As the old saying goes, act in haste, repent at leisure.

:Love:

I don't have a contract :s and she's more for the other nail tech x

It doesn't sound good, its like you are being pushed out.

If you do decide to stay, take home your kit (a pain I know but she will get the hint) and maybe speak with the salon owner and ask for the work to be shared evenly?

I would be tempted to leave BUT December is coming and hopefully there will be at least enough work for you both that month, get through Xmas and look at maaybe a new start in the new year.

Big hugs xx

Would it be worth staying there for the run up to christmas as it might get busier? I dont know if it would or not just throwing it out there.

I would certainly speak with the salon owner in a subtle way, maybe from the point of view of you having concern for the lack of clients now there are two of you, and see where the conversation goes and what her reaction is.

I wouldnt put up with my products being used at all, unless you have come to some sort of agreement, so as long as you are sure that that has been going on, I would nip it in the bud. Maybe store them in a lockable case or take things with you, otherwise I would politely but firmly request my products were left alone.

You could look around for something else but stay while you're looking? It's always easier to get a job when you are currently employed - or people wonder why you left old position etc. when you find something else you can leave, or of you find something else part time you can do both.

You could look around for something else but stay while you're looking? It's always easier to get a job when you are currently employed - or people wonder why you left old position etc. when you find something else you can leave, or of you find something else part time you can do both.

to be fair i would just say there for as long as i can take my clientee as well as be Crafty with it on top and build clientee from there and run with it then build from there and build myself something to admire :wink2:

Latest posts

Back