To offer wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry0875

Reaction score
Hi all, I started working for myself in June and initially decided not to offer waxing as in previous employment I have waxed all day and I wanted to be doing more of the other treatments that I offer (I havnt waxed for approx 6 years but been in the business 18 years) ....well things are a little slow in the beginning and I'm now thinking that I need to offer waxing to get some clients through the door! I'm not sure what system to go for, in the past I have just used warm wax in a heater...what is best system to go for these days? :confused:

Im sure you will see a huge increase in your business if you add on waxing. Most of your clients for your other treatments probably have some waxing done elsewhere so you are possibly losing that business...

You would probably benefit from some refresher training if you have been away from it for some time. Lots of therapists use both strip waxing and non strip waxes for intimate waxing (although some therapists do only use strip/warm wax). I prefer the pot and spatula method rather than roller waxing although its often down to personal choice as to the method that suits you best.

Good luck

Yeah, thanks I have come to realise that my clients want waxing too so it would be mad not to offer it!! I was just unsure whether the to go for the traditional waxing methods that I am familiar with or the 'clean and easy' type methods :confused:

Roller waxes are great for only some body parts, so I would perfect the spatula method if I were you.

Learn to use both strip wax and hot wax as that's the way to go. x

Latest posts

Back