To tan or not to tan for my wedding day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophistikatedn

Reaction score
Hello geeks, would like some advice for the above...
I am getting married this Friday and I am stuck as to whether or not to get a tan of some sort.
I am naturally fair skinned and I'd like to know what fake tans, spray or bottled are good for fair skins. What's the lightest percent I can go?
I'm open to any brands although I gave a garnier cheapy a go and it grabbed in areas.
I'm also afraid of the tan having a liking to my dress and staining it. I have visions of the tan visible in my pictures. Any brides that have a remedy for this please recommend also.
A lot of people have said you want to be yourself and everyone knows me without a glow. I certainly don't want a tango glow in pics for the rest of my days.
Puzzled?!?!

Thanks everyone x

You could have done with abit more time to have a 'trial' stay away from the DIY stuff.

I love FakeBake, just opt for a natural light looking tan. Nothing too harsh.

Have it done 2 days before then you have a couple of showers to completely remove the tan guide to avoid staining your dress.

Speak to a couple of tanning places & see if they can put you at ease by assuring a natural tan.

You'll need waxing/hair removal prior to your tan & not afterwards so, take that in to account.

Xx

Hi there, firstly congrats on your wedding, you must be so excited. When I tan brides I usually advise them to have a couple of trials so they can see what colour they want well in advance. I use sienna x and they have a 6% solution which is perfect for really fair skin and great for brides who want a subtle tan. Would also say you want the tan to be applied usually at least two days before to avoid any of it staining the dress. As you are only a week away there wouldn't really be time for a trial so I would be hesitant about getting a spray tan if you aren't sure about it. If you do decide to go ahead make sure you go with someone that is recommended in your area who will give you a thorough consultation beforehand. Hope that helps xxx

Thank you both for your replies.
I honestly think I'm going to go au naturel. I may regret it but I'd rather that than not be happy and end up crying over a tan.
I just think it's too risky to get wrong.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing x

I went a on a few sunbeds before my wedding and thought I didn't look that brown. When I put my dress on I was surprised at how orangey I looked! So I had to lay off the sunbeds before my wedding.

My husband to be banned fake tan to be honest- he hates it and wanted me to look like me - I look back at pics and was so glad I just look like a glammed up me :)

Thanks colourgirly I didn't think about sunbeds tbh.
I also didn't think about what my fiancé would want. Everyone looks great with a healthy glow but other half certainly doesn't see me with a tan everyday so I think it would be nice for him to see me as you say as a glammed up me. X

Thanks colourgirly I didn't think about sunbeds tbh.
I also didn't think about what my fiancé would want. Everyone looks great with a healthy glow but other half certainly doesn't see me with a tan everyday so I think it would be nice for him to see me as you say as a glammed up me. X

If you are fair skin I would skip the sun bed as you don't have enough time to safely build up a tan. best casescenario it won't make any difference, worst case you'll end up with the pinky-peeleys. :eek:

To be honest if you are usally fair skinned then I wouldn't bother with a tan at all as it's not you! How about going for a salon body polish/mask type treatment to get your skin in tip top condition = hydrated, glowing, healthy and gorgeous!

congratulations and best of luck for friday!

I haven't gone with anything! No tanning at all...
Going with the body polishing though syncage x

Try to stay as natural as poss. I've photographed brides who have ended up with fake tan all over their beautiful dresses and as another poster said, you don't want to end up looking orange in your dress x

Latest posts

Back