Toenail fungus treated, can I perform a pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiana123

Reaction score
hi i had a client come in a few months back and i advised her to go to the doctors as it seemed she had a toe infection.
she was given things to treat this.
she is now booked in for an appointment ove the weekend. am i now able to give her the pedicure treatment as she has been given things to treat the infection.
she has told me there is still discolouration but is alot better than what it was.
what do you guys suggest?

My understanding is that you can't cure a fungal nail infection, but with medication you can prevent its spread so eventually the infected bit is grown out. If you paint over it there is also a chance that it will make the infection worse and it will spread down the nail despite treatment.

My understanding is that you can't cure a fungal nail infection, but with medication you can prevent its spread so eventually the infected bit is grown out. If you paint over it there is also a chance that it will make the infection worse and it will spread down the nail despite treatment.
mabye im mistaken about it being a fungal infections, but i will explain that it could cause more issues, thanks

I would want a Drs letter saying the treatment given was successfull and the infection has gone.
Although the Dr gave the person the products to treat the infection unless they have gone back to the Dr to check the products have worked & the infection is gone I would not be touching the toenails as the person may not have applied the products correctly or often enough etc.. therefore the infection may still be 'untreated'.

I would want a Drs letter saying the treatment given was successfull and the infection has gone.
Although the Dr gave the person the products to treat the infection unless they have gone back to the Dr to check the products have worked & the infection is gone I would not be touching the toenails as the person may not have applied the products correctly or often enough etc.. therefore the infection may still be 'untreated'.
okay that makes sense thank you for your help

Latest posts

Back