Toenail trauma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam81

Reaction score
So a couple of months ago I broke my big toenail and repaired it with a thin layer of acrylic, all was ok. About a month ago I put some gelish on. When I took it off yesterday I found a big bruise on my nail. Well the original break had almost grown out so I decided to take the acrylic off. Big mistake, it was the only thing holding it on :( I've lost half my nail. I've built a new one with clear acrylic so I can keep an eye on what's happening underneath, did I do the right thing? Will my nail grow back under it? I couldn't get to sleep last night for thinking about it :(

It takes 9 to 12 months for a toenail to grow its length, so if it happened a couple of months ago it most certainly will be weak at least. I would have put a thin acrylic overlay on too, so what is left is protected... doing it in clear was a good idea. I hope it doesn't upset you too much - it happens. Just keep it clean and protected, try not to bash it about and it should heal nicely. xx

Latest posts

Back