Toenails with enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwissSassy

Pédicure Diplômée - Pédi Suisse
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm returning to a subject about toes that I posted about a few weeks ago as I need more help please!

A lady I recently went to see has enhancements on both her big toes (past bacterial infection meant most of the nails had to be removed). She wanted me to remove and replace the existing enhancements a few weeks ago, but on looking at them we decided there wasn't really a need to.

As you would expect, the nails were detached from the nail bed and as a result there were bits of sock fluff underneath them. Although they look unsightly, nothing seemed wrong and once I had performed a pedicure and polish they looked good again. However, if she really wanted it removed (mainly to clean up the sock fluff) and she can't tell me what the enhancement is, should I soak in acetone? I would be grateful for any help with this as should she call me back, I would love to know how to go forward with it. It's unknown territory for me but I'm very interested to learn. I'm trained in gels only, not L&P and am fairly sure it wasn't gel - hence my ignorance.

Many thanks for any help :)

I did this once recently, first time and it went very well but I used acrylic which is perfect as its harder on application and I didn't need a nail form to do this. If you have a runny gel I imagine its not as easy. You would need to get a form on her toe somehow....
That's all I can say lol sorry its s bit rubbish answer. Oh and if you soak with lint pad and tinfoil gel won't soak off acrylic will. Takes 15-30 mins to come off but you must use orange stick to peel off once its rubbery.
I wouldnt file a dirty toenail to get hard gel off, I find that a bit
gross or I'd wear a meask

Also you need to do sculpting rather than a tip. So if you can't sculpt look it up on net, doesn't have to be perfectly amazing like fingers x

Thanks for the reply Miss Sylk. I will watch some tutorials on acrylic removal. With gels, sculpting, and tips etc I know what I'm doing. I'm sure she had tips (she told me) with acrylic overlay but because it looked and felt a bit bizarre so I wasn't sure. I've not worked on damaged nails like this before so was good experience.

Regarding filing it off (if it was gel) that wouldn't be possible as the small amount of adhesion of nail to plate is literally somewhere at the top of the nail so it requires gentle treatment. She needs some sort of mini water jet to get under that nail and clear out the sock dust!

Many thanks again x

Latest posts

Back