Toes only help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly2

Reaction score
I am looking for some help with a start up idea. I was visiting another state and saw for the first time gel glitter nails. I am interested in this techniqe and toe nail painting only. I'm looking for advise on how to get into this technique. I was told it was very easy but I am unclear if you need a license to apply gel nails. My local nail school was no help.
Any Ideas?

Yes if you want to perform these services on another person for money, you must be licensed in almost every state in the US. Also, most professional products such as gels, prep products, ect. tend to sell to licensed professionals only.

Are you considering a career change into the nail industry? If so, high five! It's awesome, dude! Yes, you will need a license to practice any type of nail service, from polishing toenails to applying gel glitter. You will also need a license to purchase professional products from distributors, as any place which sells quality products will require proof of licensure before selling anything. Every state has its own licensing requirements. Utah Licensing Reqs The good thing is that it looks like UT only requires 300 hours of school before testing, which will only take you about a month if you go full-time. However, it will take a lot more than 300 hours to fully get the hang of techniques and the like, just so your expectations are realistic. :green:

Latest posts

Back