Toner help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inca03

Reaction score
Hi I did a full head highlights and toned it with leyton house Lilac but I'm not happy with it, any ideas what I can tone with? Don't want to do more highlights until she has more root? Looking for a brighter cleaner colour ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396525205.430799.jpg

What level were you trying to lift to? If you were using a violet toner that would be to neutralise unwanted yellow tones. By the looks of the picture this has only been lifted to an 8? So the undertones are more orange. You could use the colour wheel to choose the correct toner dependant on which colour house you use? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you were aiming for a light blonde with lilac tones you need to crack in more foils and lift more. I assume that was the aim. I apologise if not

Yh it needs lifting more but this was the first set of highlights and she was about a base 5, I did 30vol for 50 mins so had expected more lift! :S yes it's more gold on top which is were I finished last il try bringing the toner down a couple shades
Thanks

Been using leyton house and affinage x

The colour between the blonde is very warm, so that's making the blonde look warmer still

Yh it needs lifting more but this was the first set of highlights and she was about a base 5, I did 30vol for 50 mins so had expected more lift! :S yes it's more gold on top which is were I finished last il try bringing the toner down a couple shades
Thanks

In hindsight (which is a wonderful thing!) you should have lifted with 20vol it would have been less warm. Application is key so apply more product to the hair and lift 'low and slow'

Moving on you need to keep the hair is best condition possible so that you get a durable toner. Go back in with 10vol and lift to a 10. You should still see some gold so a pale yellow.

If you apply lilac to a gold base all that will happen you will neutralise the gold. So you need to tone first with either a violet level 10, over tone the hair so no yellow remains. Then wash and apply the lilac.

If you don't want to bleach again then do the last two step it will still give you a result. Tone first with an 8 then apply the lilac.

This is of course if you want lilac or your just using lilac your post isn't clear.

Ok thank you for your help, I think the lilac tone goes well with her skin tone so we are heading that way although she knows it wouldn't have happened straight away, ideally for me I would like to tone it to a nicer less warm blonde for now and then do more highlights in 6 weeks time. If I did an 8.01 would that make it really dull?

Latest posts

Back