Toner help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slf86

Reaction score
hi I have a lady in with a base 5/6 and has full head bleach im really struggling to find a good toner that will give a clean white look it still tends to be slightly warm, I usually manage to lift to a 9 and then I tone with goldwell 10sb and 8 bs I have also used to p mix, I have bought wella 8/81 today as I have been told its very good but should I be mixing it with something else as im concerned it will go to a base 8 or will it be ok if I leave on for a max of 5 mins
thank you

I used to be bleach blonde all over and i would use schwarzkopf igora royal 12.0 and 12.1 (1:1 ratio)
Came out a great clean white and if I wanted to have that bluey sheen I would use more 12.1 x

Here it is lol

Attachments

• 1421161269493.jpg
    1421161269493.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 251
hi I have a lady in with a base 5/6 and has full head bleach im really struggling to find a good toner that will give a clean white look it still tends to be slightly warm, I usually manage to lift to a 9 and then I tone with goldwell 10sb and 8 bs I have also used to p mix, I have bought wella 8/81 today as I have been told its very good but should I be mixing it with something else as im concerned it will go to a base 8 or will it be ok if I leave on for a max of 5 mins
thank you

88/1 is fine just visually develop

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I use wella 9/16 with pastel and it goes nice and white (if the hairs very porous add 10/0 into it as it will throw a hint of pink/lilac), applied wet and left for 20min. Xx

That should have said applied to wet. Sorry. X

thank you, I have notices someone on another post mixed 10/16 and 8/81 has anyone tries this ?

thank you, I have notices someone on another post mixed 10/16 and 8/81 has anyone tries this ?

I cant imagine that as one is koleston and one is colour touch...

hi ya, yes I thought the same but its definitely on another thread and they said that they had great results, i think i might try it an see how it goes i think with colour you have to experiment a bit to get the best result xxx

hi ya, yes I thought the same but its definitely on another thread and they said that they had great results, i think i might try it an see how it goes i think with colour you have to experiment a bit to get the best result xxx

It was 10/8 and 8/81. Theres experimenting and then theres completely breaking the rules. Different molecules. I think if someone actually is silly enough to mix them they don't understand the science behind colour.

Please ignore the person who tones there hair with the high lift tint! Kp 10/8 or ct 8/81 is your best bet with wella let us no how you get on x

Out of interest are you referring to me when talking about the high lift tint?

Yes she probably is, why on earth would you tone with a 12 series? There's really no need, it ruins your hair because it's a super alkaline product, you will get the exact same result using a 10 or lower in your chosen shade

Yes she probably is, why on earth would you tone with a 12 series? There's really no need, it ruins your hair because it's a super alkaline product, you will get the exact same result using a 10 or lower in your chosen shade

I think the proof is in the name high LIFT tint, not high TONE tint haha

For starters I never knew they were high lift tints... I just put two and two together when it got mentioned.
My bosses advised this for my hair and this is the formulation they use for almost all blonde clients whos highlights go a bit brassy. I didn't think anything of it as I was guessing they were the experts and knew best after a long time in hairdressing

For starters I never knew they were high lift tints... I just put two and two together when it got mentioned.
My bosses advised this for my hair and this is the formulation they use for almost all blonde clients whos highlights go a bit brassy. I didn't think anything of it as I was guessing they were the experts and knew best after a long time in hairdressing

So you're educated with schwarzkopf products and use them on clients but you don't know what their highlifts are?

0.11 is the shizzle for getting to white in schwarpskopf :)

I've been trained in a salon who predominantly use igora royal. I've only just got my level two and I'm not yet doing clients so no I don't use it on anyone apart from.when stylists ask me to mix up and apply for their own clients. I come on SalonGeek for some guidance and education so some helpful advice would be appreciated instead of judging as that is how it coming across...

Latest posts

Back