Toner help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaye74

Reaction score
22a7119c64d452b2b8ac02336d3e1aa6.jpg
6d7e48b17e7a26c1e40cc9bfad01d8c1.jpg

My client has Tigi violet, that’s faded to green. I’ve done a strand test. Used lightener and 20 vol. Any recommendations on a toner to go over the top? :)
It’s lifted quite well considering, but still has a slight tinge. My client is a bridesmaid in 2 weeks.
TIA xxx

Possibly Illumina 10:05? :)

Possibly Illumina 10:05? :)

Have you tried clear to lift it out? Might not leave you with the green tinge :)

I second using clear plus 6% to get rid of the green hue as I’d be less inclined to apply a reddish based toner all over.

Thanks a million both [emoji8]

I second using clear plus 6% to get rid of the green hue as I’d be less inclined to apply a reddish based toner all over.
This might be a daft question but why would you use the clear gloss instead of say bleach with no peroxide? How does that work

When thinking about removing old colour it is vital to understand the chemistry of the colour you’re dealing with before deciding on a course of action. Then consider doing some strand tests to check for effectiveness before carrying out the proposed service on your client.

Direct dye colour molecules are large and sit on the outside of the cuticle layer. However, if the cuticle layer is damaged, some products are more prone to staining the cuticle and then it’s very difficult to completely remove them.
Clear (!) tint is sometimes called a clear gloss or a clear glaze by some manufacturers. It's an oxidising tint that releases ammonia when mixed with developer (as they all do) and the ammonia lifts out the direct dye colour molecules, providing they haven’t already stained the cuticle layer.

Bleach tends to have the opposite effect to the one intended and usually causes direct dye molecules to stain the cuticle layer to an extent so for example, if you bleach a bright purple direct dye, most of the purple is removed but then you’re left with a green hue on the hair that you still need to cover. That’s fine if the client doesn’t want anything lighter than a cool level 7 or above.

Agree with AcidPerm try using +/00 to lift it out if that doesn’t work try doing s rose wash 60ml of warm water with 3 inches /6 mix master

The green is because a few years ago they update the EU legislation on dyes. The purple dyes became illegal and they now use a dye which fade to green.

Nothing to do with laws of colour - which is why we only recently really have this issue of purples fading green

Wella colour Fresh Create fade true to tone.

You can use use all the removal methods but unfortunately it might not budge and you have no option of colouring with a light pink

Latest posts

Back