Toner suggestions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky1989

Reaction score
Hi there,

I done someone's hair over the weekend and the client is happy with the level of lift but would like the brassiness toned down some more.

At the time, all were happy with the colour but her hair was done in the evening and she's finding it too brassy in daylight.

She's a base of 4 and I lifted to an orange and originally used wella colour fresh 81, she has quite resistant hair so maybe I didn't leave it on long enough?

I feel a bit uneasy about using colour fresh again if it didn't give the best result possible the first time round. Can someone recommend a good/strong toner that will eliminate out most of her brassiness?

Thanks for your help in advance!

I forgot to add that this was done using a balayage technique with wella freelights + 12%

what Level did it lift to? 7 ? 8? 9?
Wells illuminated do a 7.81 which is really good mix it with pastel
Or colour touch 8.81 mix with 1.9 leave on forcaround 20 mins and watch it
When toning with these you need to make sure the hair is at least half a shade lighter than the toner you use or it won’t do much

I'd say it was a level 7, maybe I need to lift it further then to get the desired colour! I think it may be too dark for 8/81 and that's why it didn't tone it perfectly. I will try the 7/81 thanks Hayley!

If you think of any other products do let me know in case I need back up!

I'd say it was a level 7, maybe I need to lift it further then to get the desired colour! I think it may be too dark for 8/81 and that's why it didn't tone it perfectly. I will try the 7/81 thanks Hayley!

If you think of any other products do let me know in case I need back up!

try a illumina 6.96.. with 1.9% but watch it very carefully, do a quarter 8.81. id try that,

Latest posts

Back