Toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combsandbrushes

Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m looking for a bit of advice. I’ve a client coming in tomorrow who had bleached her own hair from dark! Cut a long story short I had fix d it 4weeks ago by rebleaching up orange/yellow bits and doing her regrowth. Then added illumina 10/1 toner. It was lovely all matched etc but now it’s went really goldy through the ends again. I’m thinking of bleaching it back up again and putting 10/86 toner on it? I’ve not personally used 10/86 but saw folk wer getting good results from it. Her achieved result is she would like a nice clean platinum blonde. any advice welcome.

I don’t use wella however I do like their illumina range, my favourite is 9.60 which the violet would neutralise the yellow, but it may need lifting again obviously I can’t see what it’s lifted to so you will have to judge it xx

Thank u for ur reply. I was thinking 10/86 so the 8 neutralises the orange and 6 with yellow? Xx

Level 10 might be too light xx

If there's strong yellow and orange in it then you'll need to lift it again or go for a darker toner

A 10/86 won't do much as since there's yellow and orange tones showing it's probably not a level 10. You need to tone with the same depth. I second 9/60. That will knock out the yellow but won't do much to the orange either go for a darker toner or as said above lift again x

Hi guys. I’m looking for a bit of advice. I’ve a client coming in tomorrow who had bleached her own hair from dark! Cut a long story short I had fix d it 4weeks ago by rebleaching up orange/yellow bits and doing her regrowth. Then added illumina 10/1 toner. It was lovely all matched etc but now it’s went really goldy through the ends again. I’m thinking of bleaching it back up again and putting 10/86 toner on it? I’ve not personally used 10/86 but saw folk wer getting good results from it. Her achieved result is she would like a nice clean platinum blonde. any advice welcome.
10/86 is lovely on pale yellow, it gives a lovely white platinum, but if you're using it on yellow/ orange then it won't be as effective because the 10/86 isnt pigmented enough. I would try 10/6 and 8/81 in colour touch 1.9%

Latest posts

Back