Toners for blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are aware colour touch emulsion comes in two strengths? 1.9 and 4%? It really isnt a difficult concept! If you need a Bit of lift too? If it works with me and gives the result i want, how can you tell me its wrong! As i tell all my clients colouring isnt an exact science! Have you ever used P01 p02 etc? Its used with 7.5% and yes whilst toning! Maybe you should refresh your NVQ? Break the rules, live a little! Jeeze

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I cant believe what I've just read! Haha! Yeah Beckstar you re-do your NVQ and learn how to not follow manufacturers instructions! Lol!

Break the rules then explain it to the your insurance company if anything goes wrong.

I cant believe what I've just read! Haha! Yeah Beckstar you re-do your NVQ and learn how to not follow manufacturers instructions! Lol!

so I'm not the only 1 that thinks this is wrong then Rachul! And how funny! The NVQ bit did make me chuckle 😉 x

You are aware colour touch emulsion comes in two strengths? 1.9 and 4%? It really isnt a difficult concept! If you need a Bit of lift too? If it works with me and gives the result i want, how can you tell me its wrong! As i tell all my clients colouring isnt an exact science! Have you ever used P01 p02 etc? Its used with 7.5% and yes whilst toning! Maybe you should refresh your NVQ? Break the rules, live a little! Jeeze

Yes quite aware of that belive me!
And I actually live alot when it comes to colour!
I just don't choose to use cheap non branded peroxides with my colours to invalidate my insurances!
I would write "just me" but quite frankly I don't think it is!

Yes quite aware of that belive me!
And I actually live alot when it comes to colour!
I just don't choose to use cheap non branded peroxides with my colours to invalidate my insurances!
I would write "just me" but quite frankly I don't think it is!

My insurance isn't invalid?! maybe therefore you have the "cheap" insurance? I suppose if you had the confidence and knowledge to use Sallys peroxide you would? Like I said Im here to make money, its my business. If I didnt have the confidence in myself or ability I wouldnt be a hairdresser! Why waste my money on branded peroxide? And like I said, I've used it for years and gotten the result I required? Why would I then use more expensive peroxide? You started this with your negative comments sweet! Your definitely the kind of girl, dripping in designer with a TON of credit card debt! Got the Beemer on tick! Aw yea! But I use "Welloxon and Colour Touch Emulsion" Bore off! X

My insurance isn't invalid?! maybe therefore you have the "cheap" insurance? I suppose if you had the confidence and knowledge to use Sallys peroxide you would? Like I said Im here to make money, its my business. If I didnt have the confidence in myself or ability I wouldnt be a hairdresser! Why waste my money on branded peroxide? And like I said, I've used it for years and gotten the result I required? Why would I then use more expensive peroxide? You started this with your negative comments sweet! Your definitely the kind of girl, dripping in designer with a TON of credit card debt! Got the Beemer on tick! Aw yea! But I use "Welloxon and Colour Touch Emulsion" Bore off! X

Welcome to salon geek!
But can you please drop the flipping attitude by all means disagree but please do it politely!

Have some manners

Read your post back, and what the hell do you think of yourself,

Your definitely the kind of person with an attitude problem!

Oh come on guys remember this is a public forum so how professional do you want to be in the eyes of your public!

One minute I use cheap insurance then I'm dripping in designer gear!
What one is it!
Your a very immature and unprofessional girl!
Who won't be getting anymore of my time! Yawn!

Oh come on guys remember this is a public forum so how professional do you want to be in the eyes of your public!

As I said not 10 minutes ago!

Hi naturalnails I was just stating the importance of using the correct products with ct and following manufactures instructions! We have a lot of students on this site and wouldn't want them starting off with bad habits before they even start and because they read it on here i was trying to educate that using 3% isn't right but I got some attitude back straight away! I am a professional so I won't be answering back anymore but don't think she will be getting alot of help from people on this site with that attitude as this is a forum for professionals witch she obviously Isn't x

Hi bekstar...boy my threads been hijacked!

Sorry didn't reply sooner I'll post my strand test tomorrow when I can take the pic in natural light. I'd say it's all lifted to a base 10. The roots (good couple inches) are a fairly yellow blonde but slightly creamy at the same time, and the rest is like a creamy almost pearly yellow/orange. But there is quite a contrast between roots and midlengths and ends. Would you use 2 different toners (violet on roots and pearl on ends) or the same one and just apply to ends first? Thanks again! 😊

Sorry didn't reply sooner I'll post my strand test tomorrow when I can take the pic in natural light. I'd say it's all lifted to a base 10. The roots (good couple inches) are a fairly yellow blonde but slightly creamy at the same time, and the rest is like a creamy almost pearly yellow/orange. But there is quite a contrast between roots and midlengths and ends. Would you use 2 different toners (violet on roots and pearl on ends) or the same one and just apply to ends first? Thanks again! 😊

Hiya twinniezo
Omg it sure did! Haha
I'm looking foward to seeing a pic Tomorrow as I think I defo need to see this one as I'm a bit confused! Lol hope I can help you x

where is the pic??:wink2:

Depending on the pic we're waiting on, 9.1 could work? Or similar to the 8 level advise in colour touch my favourite toner ever was 7.1 with lowest developer.... On wet hair and watch!! Takes minutes or seconds and best applied fast or in quarters (pally watch rinse, repeat next section) you have a split second to remove before its gone from a beautiful blonde to grey. But I do mean beautiful.

Also since I trained with ct it could have all changed but from my memory ct don't lift?? I know they have 4% but that's more if you want a lighter tonal deposit than the other which will give optimum tonal deposit.

Also using cross brands doesn't give you the best finish using same brands could, so if you do this, I would advise you look at a range that tone with 3% like joico! we can tone with glaze (optimum deposit), 10 (medium deposit) and 20 (light deposit also lifts a little)

I'm all for bending the rules but breaking them is asking for trouble, panther you need to find a range that best suits you and allows you flexibility to do so, should anything go wrong on one occasion (which is all it will take) your insurance will be invalid as you haven't followed manufacturers instructions, and I hear too many times people saying well they couldn't prove it... Of course they can they would investigate and turn up unannounced to check your stock etc, should they feel thats necessary.

I'm only giving my opinion and not asking for a debate and defensive response, I don't care for it, it's just something to think about and what you do with this advise is upto you. I have been around the block, tried everything including cross branding (sorry older geeks but you don't know until you try) and I am one who learns by trying, so I've tried everything and every combination possible and realise same brands and living by theyre rules is the only way forward, go on their courses and they show you how to bend the rules and open up your colouring experiences. Good luck.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380624698.939445.jpg

Hey I'm SO sorry it's taken me so long to get this pic to you! Been so manic! So you can see here the mid lengths are like a pale slightly yellowy blonde and the ends def a contrast and fairly yellow/orange. Got my client this week so any advice on toners would be fab!!!! Thanks! Zoe xx

What tone are you looking to achieve? Toners can neutralise or enhance?

Looking to neutralise x

For the orange toners you will need a blue base and for the yellow a purple/violet base. My 7.1 advise would be amazing but needs watching!!

Latest posts

Back