Toners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtina

Reaction score
Has anyone used any nice golden toners my client is a base 5/6 wants it bleached and then toned to a nice golden colour x

Just use high lift tint

Any particular highlift? Thanks

Well your lifting a 5 so maybe 12/1

Excellent what I thought but just like to get a second opinion xxx

what does that mean??

Ah are you saying to use the high lift as a toner? As surely if the hair was coloured at a 5 a high lift wouldn't lift the tint!? X

Ah are you saying to use the high lift as a toner? As surely if the hair was coloured at a 5 a high lift wouldn't lift the tint!? X

No, high lift will lift it to a biscuit blonde around an 8

I'd have to agree with bluerinse on this one. Also it's much less work for you that having to do bleach foils and then tone.

Igora royal 12/1 is fab when trying to achieve lighter without bleaching.

It depends on the clients perception of golden blonde. Do they want a biscuit blonde or something lighter? Golden blonde could be anything from an 8.3 to a 12.03.
Using a high lift with probably get you to to a 9 at a push but it will probably be very warm. Perhaps you could tone with dia light? Perhaps a /3 on in 8-10 line with half a dose of clear to soften the tone xx

Hi she probably only wants to achieve 8 to 9 with a golden tone x

Hi she probably only wants to achieve 8 to 9 with a golden tone x

Then you really don't need to use high lift.
If she is a base 5 then you could apply 10 with 12%. The tone you chose is dependant on her natural hair tones but when lightening so much as a general till you will pull out a fair bit if earth so you may get away with a neutral base or you may want to do 1/2 10 1/2 9.01.
I wouldn't put to much ash in as it may go flat.
If course if she already has colour on her hair this all goes out the window. Is there any tint on her hair from Prev colours or is she one of those rare tint virgins x

Not earth..warmth lol

Sorry just realised you posted this. Her root regrowth is a 5 and the hair is coloured with a 6 xxx

Sorry just realised you posted this. Her root regrowth is a 5 and the hair is coloured with a 6 xxx

Then your going to have to do a cleanse before you do anything else x

Latest posts

Back