Tones and tints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbradley936

Reaction score
Thanks for helping with my last question. I want to pick some more brains now.

I know that all ranges use the same scale for tints 1 being darkest up to 10 or 12 being the lightest with slight variations but do they all use the same scale for tones? For example looking at koleston 8/0 what is that? How does it differ from 8/1 or 8/03 or 8/07? What about 8/3 and 8/03.

Is it as simple as odd numbers are cool, even numbers are warm?

If you gain experience in one range can you transfer that to another range or are they all different?

it tonal ranges, if its got an 0 in it means base/flat tone that covers white better eg 8.o is light natural blonde 8.3 is gold blonde and 8.03 is light natural gold blonde(or beige )blonde . differant ranges sometimes differ in the coding so watch out!

They are toatally different, another hair geek was kind enough to send me a catalouge so I could compare and keep up when only color/tone is listed numerically. Same brand is shifted for the states...go figure. Most of our companies use number for the level and letter coding for the tones.

the tones are different across different ranges. Wella is, 1- Ash 3- Gold 4- Red 5- Mahogany 6- Violet 7- Brunette - 8- Pearl
so for example, 8/0 is basic 8 depth colour no tone. 8/03 is 8base with natural gold (0 stands for natural ie diluted tone) so 8/3 is 8base with gold.
7/73 is 7base with brunette and gold
hehe
hth

Latest posts

Back