Toning after bleaching?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tka

Reaction score
Hello, Im a newly qualified hair dresser and I had a client last night who already had her hair highlighted using 12% bleach.
Her hair is in good condition so I used a 9% bleach for a full head of highlights.

After washing, I used a silver shampoo but my client called me this morning to advise she has some gingery/brassy tones on her natural hair.

She had a full head of human hair extensions which were allowed to be coloured, and they have turned out fine, it's just the ends of her own hair.

What do you suggest?

Did you touch her ends at all?
Did you tell her you were going down to 9% because most clients make things up in their head when you tell them their doing something different

You will have to toner foil out her own nautral hair not touching her extensions at ALL I would use like a 12 level violet and 10 vol

Maybe get her in for a text strand

And for future easiness maybe tell her to wait for her colour to settle down before going and getting extensions
And charge her for the toner as its an extra service she never had in the first place

I wouldn't use level 12 on top of bleached hair would use level 10 xx

Was only thinking 12 incase of over tone.. I don't use tint toners so not too sure xx

Yeah, I applied the colour all over her own hair and extensions. I told her it was a 9 as she wanted a gradual colour lift. I was advised by my manager to use 9%. When I discussed the situation. my manager and the other staff are telling me to tell her to buy a silver shampoo. I don't think that's very fair. is there something she can buy from Sally's like a wella toner or something. she loves the colour of the hair, just obviously not the ends.

Wait so u out bleach and 9% through her whole head? What was she to begin with and what is she now?.. Never advise her to grab something from Sally's coz when it goes wrong she will come back and blame you

So she already had bleach and 12% through her hair and you then put bleach and 9% all over? I'm confused? X

Me to.. Was it a dark haired person going lighter?

my bad. she's a medium brown. she had her hair previously highlighted about 12 weeks ago with a full head. she told me and my manager she had 12% applied in a full head of highlights. she asked to go blonder so my manager advised I mix up 9% for full head highlights as 12% may burn her hair and the extensions.

my bad. she's a medium brown. she had her hair previously highlighted about 12 weeks ago with a full head. she told me and my manager she had 12% applied in a full head of highlights. she asked to go blonder so my manager advised I mix up 9% for full head highlights as 12% may burn her hair and the extensions.

I'm still confused?
Did you use 30vol on just the roots from the previous h/ls? X

Did you use bleach 9% over the previous bleach 12%? X

Did u bleach her hair while having extensions in??? How were u going to tone the orange out when it lifted?

Latest posts

Back