Toning down prob........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
ok so i have a client that is a total pain.... she just wants the impossible all the time :cry: she has been dark light dark light dark dark light!! then she wanted a perm :eek: i was like noooooooooooooo!!!
anyway against my better judgement i did a test and went ok so went ahead.....

anyway going off the mark a bit, she now wants to turn her 12/0 hair to a more natural blonde. :confused: but not so dark that she wants it back light again???? go figure? could of seen that coming!
SO.. i have suggest leaving lighter foils through it and just tonin the rest, just using conditioner on the already blonde hair and toning the rest round it, sounds ok rite??
NO.. she has got a base 5 roots that will i assume be about 1/2 inch..

i was thinking do the roots in say a 8/0 with 9% and then the mid lengths and ends in 8/0 and 6%......... the question is would it be even?? if it wern't for the flippin foils i would tone it at the backwash!!!!!!!!!!!1

would anyone do that different??
help plssssssssss!!
many thanks x

No the ends need a bit of tone in them, like a bit of 0/33 so they don't go khaki. What way is she blonde now, tint or highlights?x

FULL HEAD TINT...
SORRY I SHOULD OF WROTE THAT I'D USE GOLD AS WELL. WAS BEING LAZY HA.
IT JUST THE APPLICATION REALLY:rolleyes: I'M AFTER THE EASIEST WAY WITHOUT HAVING TO WASH / DRY AND RE APPLY.
THANKS X

Lol no probs, I would maybe add some ash to roots too as it will come out very warm imo and even maybe an 8/07 on the ends? This is a tricky one as you have a lot going on. What about even lightening the roots up to match 1st, then toning it all down with like an 88/03? Hmmm anyone else any thoughts? I'm over-tired and can't think straight :eek:
x

If she's been ash blonde for ages she will hate any brassy ness .I'd foil out some top slices and just uses some conditioner in them then,How about pre pigmenting all the ends just sponge on some gold wella perfecton or i know clynol do somthing similar dab off then 8/1 and 6% all over, your roots will lift up enough i bet and she's trying to go more natural so you don't want glowing light roots .Depending on the condition of her ends she'll have to excpect some variation ,you could always recommend using a gold liftex reflex conditioner on the ends if they go a bit matt kaki it works as a good fix just tends to soak up what it needs.she's probably preffer that than it being brassy

thanks guys
this is gonna be a nightmare :eek:
i may just not answer the phone to her in future haha xx

let us know how it goes!

Latest posts

Back