Toning help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipsqueak82

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a client tomorrow who I have previously done a full head bleach in to get her from a base 4 to 9. Now after some time she has decided the upkeep is too much for her so I’m going to do shadow root. My problem is the yellow in her blonde. I always seem to have trouble with it. Now after I’ve done roots I’m thinking of toning with ct 9.16. A good choice or should I use something else?
AED95346-36E9-489D-924C-0F5EEA534507.jpeg

What are you going to put on her roots? I would just do the root stretch and tone with 9/60. Depends what she wants? Some bits look orange/yellow so I'd maybe add some 8/69 to the toner too x

Great
What are you going to put on her roots? I would just do the root stretch and tone with 9/60. Depends what she wants? Some bits look orange/yellow so I'd maybe add some 8/69 to the toner too x

Great thanks, I’m stretching with 6/1 to 7/1 although I’m quite indecisive still lol, she doesn’t like warmth.

Wella t18 will take that yellow right out. It’s amazing. You can only get it online tho. I buy mine from eBay £7.99. You won’t want to use any other toner for yellow and brassy tones.
You said about using 6/1 or 7/1. Would thst be color touch or koleston??? I’m just asking because I have a lady in a few weeks who has full head foils bleach then toned with 9/81 Tom she it very ashy!! She wants a root stretch but not a warm or golden brown just a flat brown. Just worried the 6/1 or 7/1 would turn it green because of the ash on ash

Wella t18 will take that yellow right out. It’s amazing. You can only get it online tho. I buy mine from eBay £7.99. You won’t want to use any other toner for yellow and brassy tones.
You said about using 6/1 or 7/1. Would thst be color touch or koleston??? I’m just asking because I have a lady in a few weeks who has full head foils bleach then toned with 9/81 Tom she it very ashy!! She wants a root stretch but not a warm or golden brown just a flat brown. Just worried the 6/1 or 7/1 would turn it green because of the ash on ash

I ended up using 5/3 mixed with 6/1 equal parts for the roots in KP and it came out lovely no warmth no green x

Latest posts

Back