Toning question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataylor0510

Reaction score
A client recently had her usual hilights done - bleach, 10/03 and 8/0. She's always liked the golden look but she's now decided she doesn't it anymore, they're too light and golden!
I'm debating whether I should put a toner on or to put a darker colour through, she doesn't want to go much darker. She used to have 10/03 and 8/0, we added the bleach last summer, it has now made it too light for her because the roots are coming through much quicker.
What are your thoughts please?

I'd tone for now for Her and use 10, 8.8 (loreal) and p/l +10 going forward

I would do a A few blonde highlights scattered on her partline, dont take them through. Only take some through with bleach & 10vol on ends where it is gloden. On the rest of the hair id use a 9.21 or 9.2 That should deepen it down quite a bit without been too dark. With having some highlights taken through and clean up the yellow a bit. It should still give it some light without been too dark. The 9 will darken the 10 highlights and tone the rest of the hair gold, leavimg some nice blonde light bits to give it contrast

Thank you. I think I need to darken it ever do slightly so not sure bleach will be a good option.. I use Wella so any idea what I should use please?x

What's her natural?
Would she prefer it more beige blonde rather than gold?
Have a look at an Illumina shade chart for ideas.

Latest posts

Back