Toning to a silver grey from 9/04? Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgosney

Reaction score
Wella Geeks Out there ?OK, I have colour stripped and mildly bleached clients hair. I have achieved a 9/04 (wella tone) I am having a dilemma, I could p'haps lift another 1/2 shade lighter but don't think the tone is going to disappear :-/ Ive tried using illuminia 10/88 +pastel on test strand, did nothing but go slightly darker, Ive tried using 8/81 colour touch but went too dark. I am now thinking of using colour fresh 10/81 but I am slightly worried about it going kaki ?? and not being sliver enough ! can't take any more hair strands its gonna start to notice lol any advice ? Ive attached the look she wants .. :-/ wish I hadn't started. Ive put a treatment on and told her to come back in 5 days ! I now have 2 more days before she comes back .... !!!
I'm leaning towards the colour fresh 10/81 ... any other ideas?

Attachments

• blonde-hairstyles-803444_w650.jpg
    blonde-hairstyles-803444_w650.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I'm not an expert with wella but I would use use a 902 first to neutralize the warmth and then tone again, the picture looks like a level 8 to me, is this your end result? Then I would use a level 8 not a 10, but you need to see how much warmth is left in hair after first toner,

Hiya,
I would just tell her unfortunately you cant achieve the colour she wants this time.
Although that picture doesn't look v grey to me, it needs to be white first to get the grey tone.
Also any ashy tone is going to appear abit darker. But if 8/81 got rid of the orange tones I'd go for that and wait until the next appointment and try lifting lighter then, if shes not happy with it.

(It doesn't help you that in the picture she is wearing extensions)

Let us know how you get on

I'm not an expert with wella but I would use use a 902 first to neutralize the warmth and then tone again, the picture looks like a level 8 to me, is this your end result? Then I would use a level 8 not a 10, but you need to see how much warmth is left in hair after first toner,
In the end I lifted it a little more with blondor and pastel, and refused to take it anymore, so stuck 10/81 colour fresh on it, too scared to use anything with a developer .. not worth it

Hiya,
I would just tell her unfortunately you cant achieve the colour she wants this time.
Although that picture doesn't look v grey to me, it needs to be white first to get the grey tone.
Also any ashy tone is going to appear abit darker. But if 8/81 got rid of the orange tones I'd go for that and wait until the next appointment and try lifting lighter then, if shes not happy with it.

(It doesn't help you that in the picture she is wearing extensions)

Let us know how you get on
In the end I lifted it a little more with blondor and pastel, and refused to take it anymore, so stuck 10/81 colour fresh on it, too scared to use anything with a developer .. not worth it

Latest posts

Back