Toning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Ive just been reading the colour theory for the australian version of Affinage colours, and i read something in the toning section that i wondered whether any of the have tried and whether it works or not?

It says to tone, to choose your shade, and mix 1 part colour, 1 part 3% and 1 part conditioner?

:)

Hey geeks,

Ive just been reading the colour theory for the australian version of Affinage colours, and i read something in the toning section that i wondered whether any of the have tried and whether it works or not?

It says to tone, to choose your shade, and mix 1 part colour, 1 part 3% and 1 part conditioner?

:)

Is the Australian version on their website? surely it would wash out soon after as conditioner closes cuticles? :)

Is the Australian version on their website? surely it would wash out soon after as conditioner closes cuticles? :)

Search affinage in google and click on the au site. That's what I thought but their colours are different but can't be that much different so conditioner works differently lol

just bumping this to see if anyone else has anything to add about it? :)

havent used that method but do use affinage ice toner and sand and salmon all are great toners vry strong i add shampoo to get the ice toner on fast its amazing stuff for clients wanting an ash reflect

havent used that method but do use affinage ice toner and sand and salmon all are great toners vry strong i add shampoo to get the ice toner on fast its amazing stuff for clients wanting an ash reflect

Ahh I see, we don't have any of them in the uk :(

Toning with conditioner is amazing! I personally don't use any oxidising agent with it because the cuticle is already lifted enough from previous coloring to grab into the toner. The result is beautiful. The color left on the hair has an unusually transparent look, as in the way fresh looks after about a week (which I love - far more natural).
Only one prob with my method: it does fade fast. Don't know how it would last with a 3% added.

Toning with conditioner is amazing! I personally don't use any oxidising agent with it because the cuticle is already lifted enough from previous coloring to grab into the toner. The result is beautiful. The color left on the hair has an unusually transparent look, as in the way fresh looks after about a week (which I love - far more natural).
Only one prob with my method: it does fade fast. Don't know how it would last with a 3% added.

Ah okay so what exactly would you use?

Latest posts

Back