Too early to quit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani1987

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started working self employed about 11 weeks ago as a mobile therapist and its going fantastic! !

As it had taken off so well, when I got the offer to take on aa Beauty Room behind a hairdressers two days a week, I jumped at the chance. . £20 a day £2.50 for electric... thought marvellous that'll pay for itself... I'm now 90 quid down 2 weeks in and am thinking of just giving it up.
It was offered to me with access to the kitchen facilities and the toilet 3 days now ive been locked out and have to walk round to the front through the hairdressers which I feel awful for doing. I have only had one client from in the salon where I was led to believe I'd be inundated due to the demand for it.
I'm not enjoying it I'm not happy here where as I love doing my mobile work so should I just quit now before I waste anymore money and focus on building my qualifications and put the money in to that?

Thanks in advance for responses xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I feel your pain! I'm in pretty much the same situation as yourself however started to rent the room at the end of August and have stuck it out. I also feel like giving up and quitting but my friends ad family want to me give it a go until at least Xmas time! Do none of your mobile clients want to come to the salon? X

If your mobile work is going great and you enjoy it then why not. It seems pretty clear from your post what you want to do, I think you've already made your decision deep down :)

Laura xx

Hi all,

I started working self employed about 11 weeks ago as a mobile therapist and its going fantastic! !

As it had taken off so well, when I got the offer to take on aa Beauty Room behind a hairdressers two days a week, I jumped at the chance. . £20 a day £2.50 for electric... thought marvellous that'll pay for itself... I'm now 90 quid down 2 weeks in and am thinking of just giving it up.
It was offered to me with access to the kitchen facilities and the toilet 3 days now ive been locked out and have to walk round to the front through the hairdressers which I feel awful for doing. I have only had one client from in the salon where I was led to believe I'd be inundated due to the demand for it.
I'm not enjoying it I'm not happy here where as I love doing my mobile work so should I just quit now before I waste anymore money and focus on building my qualifications and put the money in to that?

Thanks in advance for responses xx

Hi Dani - I think you know the answer to your own question. .. If mobile was so good then you should have stuck to it. Eleven weeks is hardly any time at all to make any rational business decisions. What made you blinkered into renting a beauty room? Did you ask your mobile clients if they would be prepared to come to a salon for you? What research did you do into it....the lady who rented it to you is only interested in her rent money not your business, she will feed you all sorts of information to get you. I think answering these questions are pointless now....but good to remember for the future....if you can't afford to lose it - don't do it.

Yes I know I was probably answering my own question but I was feeling a bit down so thought was I not seeing the forest for the trees.
I still do mobile and my clients all think its great they have the option but now on booking they want it at home
I feel a bit silly for asking now sorry for wasting your typing energy.
I think I was on such a high from the mobile taking off I thought the room would do the same and i wanted to give my clients the option but it hasn't so that's my decision made.
Thanks

No they love the at home service which is great :)
Hope it all works for you doll x

Latest posts

Back