Too green

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflower19

Reaction score
Hi, so I have never used the colorance 8 and 10BP in goldwell so bought them to try there on the violet side of the colour wheel, I bleached up some bits of hair cuttings i had to a sort of 9/10 but golden used these seperste to colour each piece, but when I rinsed the hair it just looked so dull and a bit on the green side but it should be more violet I'd of thought? I know the beige is giving it slight warmth, just confused!! Anyone shed any light on why? Should i mix it with something golden to ,make it more neutral? I find it hard to get a good blonde goto toner sometimes I feel they are to ashen In colour or not enough never seem to get it right!

Hi, so I have never used the colorance 8 and 10BP in goldwell so bought them to try there on the violet side of the colour wheel, I bleached up some bits of hair cuttings i had to a sort of 9/10 but golden used these seperste to colour each piece, but when I rinsed the hair it just looked so dull and a bit on the green side but it should be more violet I'd of thought? I know the beige is giving it slight warmth, just confused!! Anyone shed any light on why? Should i mix it with something golden to ,make it more neutral? I find it hard to get a good blonde goto toner sometimes I feel they are to ashen In colour or not enough never seem to get it right!
Beige Pearl will contain a mixture of gold, Ash +blue. Add this to yellow and you'll get a khaki hue. I don't think there's any violet in the formula, which us what you need to rid of the yellow.

Ah totally makes sense, I never even thought about what pearl is made up from! thank you.

Ok so just been thinking, now please dont judge if I sound stupid here but I dont get why 8 and 10bp is in the violet section as violelt is supposed to neutralise gold not go khaki?

It depends on how yellow the hair is.
P = Pearl contains ash and blue pigments not violet so blue + yellow hair = green/khaki hues.

You’d normally use blue tones for neutralising orange so Level 6/7 hair.

If you’re working with very light hair then add some 10V to your formula.

I don’t know whether you’re just using a colour chart but you might find it useful to download the Goldwell colour handbook from the Internet? It’s free and you can download it to your tablet device or phone.

Hi, I think I'm just abit daft, but I'm still a bit confused! when you look at the goldwell colour wheel 8BP which is beige and pearl sits in brown section beacause it has beige mixed with it but it sits in the middle of the violet slice it's not sitting near the blue section that's why I didnt expect a khaki tinge! I'd have thought BA would have been more khaki with that being in the blue slice! Sorry to go on I'm just trying understand!

Latest posts

Back