Top coat dilemma for acrylic & soak off gel? This is tricky!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive been doing acrylics with trugel nail art and paint on top of acrylic, then id seal with the trugel top coat clients have came back and its kind of peeled in areas.

So today i buffed my ladys nails to get trugel off and just used regular clear polish, however on one i tried Glaze and go, as i used a polish to paint a bow and a gem i wanted good protection & strength from gel.

Only thing is glaze and go is a hard gel and doesnt go well over soft gel, so i dont imagine that one will last over the pink tip area i painted with trugel without cracking.....have i lost you yet?? lol

Another thing is the trugel top coat only peels on the acrylic NOT the trugel coloured tip, so its obviously not compatible with acrylic, YET the colours are as i do full coverage over acrylics all the time with the top coat and no problems!!!! so how to i do a tip design? standard polish is not good enough.

Do you think a hybrid gelpolish say Gelish would do better ???

(for you who dont know trugel is ezflow 100% gel, unlike gel polish)

Still hoping for help

Glaze and go should be fine if its used over soft or hard gel nail art, as long as the client has an acrylic base underneath it shouldn't crack. It would only crack if using it over natural nails as there too much flexibility, but over a hard surface like acrylic it should be fine.

Latest posts

Back